Guard-guard-guard-guard...too well

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A Russian man paid the price for training his guard dog too well when the snarling animal held off paramedics long enough for him to die of heart failure.

The ferocious Staffordshire bull terrier kept doctors at bay as they tried to approach the middle-aged patient on Wednesday.

"Doctors and the man's wife tried to approach the man for a long time, but the dog was furious and would not allow it," Andrei Rudomyotov, a regional police chief, said by telephone from the city of Chelyabinsk near the Ural mountains. "The doctors had to call the police, and our officers shot the dog, but by the time the doctors could get in, the patient was dead."

Russians living in small apartments often own large and energetic dogs. Fighting dogs, such as bull terriers, are fashionable as a means of protecting property against post-Soviet crime.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Aaaww, but he loves me. :biggrin:
Oh he adores women. I even have to take him to a woman vet. It's men he has issues with. :wink: Unless they are in uniform. :really:
btw, my dawg is really a lover - worst thing he'd do is bark ya to death and shed all over. :rolleyes: