Gettysburg Camping

Tina2001aniT

any recommendations?
We are going with kids, so kid friendly is most important, hopefully a place that does activities on the weekends. We also want the standard, pool, playground, CLEAN bathrooms......any suggestions??

devenny99

There are quite a few campgrounds up there. Artillery Ridge is very nice and they have a horse ranch next door that you can rent the horses and they take you on a nice ride. Gettysburg KOA is very nice. All the campgronds are very nice - so hard just to pick one. Just start with one and try them all.

Well, we are all booked there for fathers day, I will let you know if you need to find somewhere different to stay :lol:

We visited Gettysburg during the summer a couple years ago and unfortunately the extremely hot weather made for a grouchy teen boy. It wasn't long after we started walking to tour the grounds that he announced... "This is really stupid. There's nothing to do here but look at a bunch of dead people. They should make this an amusement park and then they'd have something." From that day forward all I can picture in my head when I think about Gettysburg is a rollercoaster with Lincoln heads on the fronts of the cars...:doh:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
any recommendations?
We are going with kids, so kid friendly is most important, hopefully a place that does activities on the weekends. We also want the standard, pool, playground, CLEAN bathrooms......any suggestions??

OOOOOHHHHH HAUNTED GETTYSBURG!!! Thats so exciting! I love local history especially the beginings of this wonderful country:yay:

Tina2001aniT

We visited Gettysburg during the summer a couple years ago and unfortunately the extremely hot weather made for a grouchy teen boy. It wasn't long after we started walking to tour the grounds that he announced... "This is really stupid. There's nothing to do here but look at a bunch of dead people. They should make this an amusement park and then they'd have something." From that day forward all I can picture in my head when I think about Gettysburg is a rollercoaster with Lincoln heads on the fronts of the cars...:doh:

:killingme
luckily middle kiddo is a history buff, she would be the one to totally speak her mind and announce how stupid something is, the other two are just go with the flow-ers......
Can you guess which kid is biologically mine?? :lol:

craberta

I am so glad you asked this! Our problem is we have to bring doggies with us. I have been wanting to go to Gettysburg for so long. Good info was provided on this thread!