Cell, by Steven King

craberta

Just started reading it, and as a zombie movie collector, I like it! Hope they make a movie out of this one.

craberta

I'ts not too bad, It has me interested! I thought Steven King wasn't writing any more. I have Buick * and it is probably the next book of the week.

M

Mousebaby

Hubby is an avid Steven King reader and he has read Cell and says he liked it, he agrees it should be a movie and it is most definitely not a slow read. Guess you just have to be a King fan. :shrug:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Hubby is an avid Steven King reader and he has read Cell and says he liked it, he agrees it should be a movie and it is most definitely not a slow read. Guess you just have to be a King fan. :shrug:

I'm not a huge fan of King's novels though I have read quite a few. They just never seem to translate well into movies. :ohwell: It would be hard to make this movie without it seeming comical, thousands of zombie extras staggering around and listing to... ummm forget it, spoiler alert.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It would be hard to make this movie without it seeming comical, thousands of zombie extras staggering around and listing to...

:yay: I agree. My wife thinks it would be a good movie. I don't. The excess number of dead bodies would lose it's effect. The kids would be too much for most people to take.

devilvice

Angel
I read the book when it first came out and for some reason, I couldn't put it down. It took me no more than 24 hours to read it.
I did watch a movie not to long ago that reminded me of the book, called Pulse.

According to this website, it says the movie for this book will be released in 2009. Although IMO it would be pretty hard to top the book. Cell (2009)

craberta

I think what happens alot is that they take silly things that are hard to swallow (like the hand of God at the end of the Stand movie) And it just doesn't translate to movies well. He has no problem with killing kids old people and animals in his books. I still like him though...his cameos are funny.

B

Bronwyn

I think what happens alot is that they take silly things that are hard to swallow (like the hand of God at the end of the Stand movie) And it just doesn't translate to movies well. He has no problem with killing kids old people and animals in his books. I still like him though...his cameos are funny.

True

RunMom2

I really liked the book, but I have to agree with the post that questioned the end...I think that is probably something that will be "adjusted" for the movie. Stephen King's books have so much going on in the character's minds and that is hard to translate into a movie.

Read Dreamcatcher and then watch the movie... :jameo:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I enjoyed the book but the end was.... :ohwell:

Yep. It almost seemed like he gave up.

There were only two possible outcomes. If it worked, the "happy ending" would have seemed pretty corny. If it didn't work, it would be too depressing. So he just left us to wonder.....

I guess it would leave the oppurtunity for a sequel to the movie. He (or they) travel the country like Rambo, slaughtering the bad guys.

B

Bronwyn

Yep. It almost seemed like he gave up.

There were only two possible outcomes. If it worked, the "happy ending" would have seemed pretty corny. If it didn't work, it would be too depressing. So he just left us to wonder.....

I guess it would leave the oppurtunity for a sequel to the movie. He (or they) travel the country like Rambo, slaughtering the bad guys.

:lmao:

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
I stopped reading Cell half way through when I bough Song of Susannah (Book 6 of the Dark Tower) then forgot I had it so I started Buick 8 and finished that in like a week flat, once I get situated again I'll go back and finish Cell.

They seem to be making Cell and Buick 8 into a movie, but I think Buick 8 will have a much harder time in the theaters... it doesn't have movie quality to it... can't wait for the Dark Tower mini-series... muahaha...

MarkHockley

I listened to the audio version and really enjoyed it. One of King's better later efforts. But oh for the great early days of Salem's Lot, The Shining and The Stand!