India Anyone?

R

residentofcre

Ok... this is probably a strange question but...

Has anyone been to India? What is the best time of year?

R

residentofcre

Coworker of mine had her wedding in India this past November.

Hubby won a trip to India... we can take it between September and March... I figure October would be good....

We haven't decided to go yet... I was hoping someone would give me some advice or something exciting to tip the scales one way or another....

R

residentofcre

We haven't decided to go....

it's a 16 day trip goes to several cities... we would have to pay to get to New York to catch the flight, get visas [we have our passports] and we would ahve to pay for some food...

Regular bills and I got laid off so money could be tight by then.... or I could just be going back to work.... Not sure what to do...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
India and Pakistan are where most of our spammers and scammers come from. So I'm boycotting until those countries get their #### together.

Rael

Supper's Ready

I'm sure India has appeal to some, but it never had any appeal to me. It made me feel lucky to live here, and that's the best thing I have to say about it. Bombay is the worst place I have ever been on this planet.

punjabigyrl

I have family that went last year around (india fall season), afew points to keep in mind, drink ONLY bottled water, get your tetanus shots, make sure you pay after your trip is done if you get a cab or something and Bargain, bargain, bargain. Go see the Taj Mahal, lal Killa, if you can go to goa. PM me and I'll give a bunch more tips for tourists. All in all have fun.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Did some time in the middle east and lived in Saudi for a time in the early 90's. If you can have the experience and swing it, by all means do it. You will come home with a whole different outlook on what its like to be a US citizen and live in America. :yay:

punjabigyrl

I absolutely agree flomaster. I went to kenya last year and man did i flash my US passport around like i was a FBI agent whereever i had to. once they saw that blue card they backed off or shut up and did what they were supposed to do.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
If I ever went to India I'd need to bring a couple extra empty suitcases for the clothes and jewelry I'd buy to bring back.

My friend that got married there brought back some of the best clothes. The Indian style clothes actually made for the Indian market are much better quality than the mass-market "Made in India" skirts, shirts, etc that you see in regular retail stores here.

Give me $100 and I will fill a bucket full of sand and dirt... stick your head in it and open your eyes and you have it. I will be $100 richer and you will have saved yourself a ton of $$$...

If you are going to spend the money, I would go to Australia hopping from city to city, travel Europe extensively or take a 10 day Alaskan cruise (only cruise I would ever consider).

Gwydion

Sounds to me like your husband LOST the contest. Who gives away a trip to India?!?!

If you have to pay to fly up to New York...tkae your 16 days and spend it there.