So, we've had fence and paint parties, what about...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
a cleaning party? :smile:

I'm going to start moving things into my new house this weekend, but it really needs a good cleaning before I can.

My roommate is out of town, so I got no help. :frown:

I need to clean the kitchen really well, wipe down/wash all reachable walls to prep for painting, clean cobwebs, clean bathrooms, and I'm thinking about ripping out all the carpets but I haven't decided yet.

The place kinda reeks of cats and dogs, so I want to do as much as possible before moving in.

I know no one likes to clean... but I thought there might be a few kind-hearted souls willing.

I'll buy a couple cases of beer and order some pizzas.

Post here if you're willing and I'll arrange time and send directions.

:cheers:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
oh yeah...
and if anyone has a truck, it would be helpful if you'd bring it.

Even if I don't rip out the carpet, there's a huge carpet remnant in the crawlspace that I want to haul away.

K

Kizzy

Let me know when you need the help. I have a truck and I have access to a trailer. But, I will warn you that the smell of cat pi$$ makes me hurl.

SeaRide

Let me know when and I 'll let you know if I can help you. I have a truck and a trailer. The size of the trailer is 5'x8' with a tail ramp.

Your cleaning supplies or mine? :biggrin:

oh man , wish I could borrow my neighbor's 5th wheel big a$$ horse trailer and her big diesel truck

Last edited:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by IM4Change
Let me know when you need the help. I have a truck and I have access to a trailer. But, I will warn you that the smell of cat pi$$ makes me hurl.

I hear you. Certainly isn't a pleasant odor.
Hopefully some more people post interest, and I'll decide on a time then, but I'm tentatively shooting for sometime Saturday.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by SeaRide
Let me know when and I 'll let you know if I can help you. I have a truck and a trailer. The size of the trailer is 5'x8' with a tail ramp.

Your cleaning supplies or mine? :biggrin:

Tentatively Saturday... no time set yet.
Hoping to get a few more people.
I'll post a final answer tomorrow mid-afternoon.

As for cleaning supplies, I have some but not much. However, if there's some that need to be purchased I can either reimburse or go out and buy them myself. I know I don't have any rags to speak of, and I only have like 2 shirts that I could part with. :frown:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by sleuth14
I know I don't have any rags to speak of, and I only have like 2 shirts that I could part with. :frown:
I've heard tell that there will be some sold cheap at a yard sale soon.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by watercolor23
This saturday as in the 16th correct? What times? Because I may be able to help you from like 4-6

I would imagine I'd be there all day...
I'll post more details tomorrow if there's enough interest. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by sleuth14
I would imagine I'd be there all day...
I'll post more details tomorrow if there's enough interest. :smile:

Alrighty! well I would come earlier.. but I have to blasted work :frown: But do let me know...even if there is not a lot of interest you can still call and I will help. you have my numbers

G

giggles04

I would come help ... and bring help with me.... but I'm runing ambulance duty this weekend. So unless your house is in Ridge (which I know its not!) then I can't come!!!:frown:

Athena1078

Social Director
Let me know what time, and where your house is.. I am washing the inside of the car on Sat, but other than that, nothing is goin on.. Always happy to help, especially for free :cheers:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Ok... looks like I'm going to be there around noon tomorrow (Saturday the 16th), so if anyone wants to come help at say... 1 pm until whenever, feel free to PM me for directions. There will probably be someone there at least until dark.

Not much seating so if you want breaks... might have to bring lawn chairs. Mops, Brooms, and rags will be helpful. I'll try to supply all the solvents and paper towels. I'll supply beer and soda... probably Miller Lite and maybe some of that girl beer... what's it called? it's a silverish color with red and silver labels... for the girls.

All carpet in the house except for maybe one room is going to come out (I'll decide once I determine how bad it smells, but it doesn't look bad.) So if you have a truck, bring it and we'll haul it to the dump. (Anybody know how much that costs?) Walls need wiped down. Kitchen oven/fridge need cleaned.

I need something to clean textured ceilings with... cobwebs and cigarette smoke. If anyone has ideas, let me know or bring something. And I want to clean with bleach the plywood under the carpets, so fans might be a good thing too, if you can bring them.

PMs going out shortly to those who have already posted.

Ponytail

The first thing I did when I got the keys to my house was that I went to Food LIon and rented a carpet cleaner. I went there straight from the title signing. I cleaned everything that remotely resembled a fabric or carpet that I could get the carpet cleaner on to.

If ya do it right, it'll get rid of MOST of the cat smell. Try that first. If you just rip up the carpets, you might be opening a can of worms if the cat/dog urine soaked thru to the underfloor. You'll be exposing mold and all kinds of new smells.

I'd steam clean it, and air it out for a few days before moving anything in.

My$.02.

My last trip to the dump cost me $15. I had over 200lbs of trash in my truck.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
PT...

If you saw that carpet, you'd know it'd have to come out. It's not the just the smell. It's gotta come out.

We're talking stains on top of stains on top of stains.
I'm going to bleach the subfloor, and if any of it needs to be replaced, I'm going to have to rip it up and put down new plywood.