Fastest way to VB???

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Is it faster to get to Virginia Beach from somd by going down 95 or turning left at Horne's and going that route??

TIA:biggrin:

signora

I vote 95. 17 is shorter, but 95 is higher speed. They actually take just about the same amount of time.

95 is faster in speed, but you figure you have to go down to Richmond then take Rt 64, whereas it's quicker to get on 17.

MMDad

Lem Putt
95 is faster in speed, but you figure you have to go down to Richmond then take Rt 64, whereas it's quicker to get on 17.

:yay:

17 is about 18 miles shorter, but the higher speeds on 95 make it about 15 minutes faster.

bcp

In My Opinion
I prefer 17 because except for the potomac river bridge, traffic is a rare thing.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Is it faster to get to Virginia Beach from somd by going down 95 or turning left at Horne's and going that route??

TIA:biggrin:

*putting on her "driver hat"*

301(s) to 17(s) to 33(towards West Point...don't stop and drool at the cadets, you"ll get in trouble) to 64(e) to Va Beach

If you keep your speed at 60 when the speed limit is 55, you should be ok with speed traps....Make sure that when you are going thru Tappahannock, you do the posted speed....other than that, you should be good :yay:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I used to commute from NC to MD on a regular basis. 17 was always a quicker and more scenic route.

I used to make that round trip once a week many a moon ago. I went 95 route once and switched to 301-17 then hopped on 64 just after Yorktown. I personally liked that all the towns were no more than 30 miles away. LPC to bridge 30 minutes, bridge to Hornie's 20 min. Hornie's to TP 20 min. TP to Saluda 25 min. Saluda to YT 30 min. I need scenery to occupy my mind.:jameo:

M

Mousebaby

It truly is one of my most favorite spots in the world. They have the neatest personalized gifts there. Only problem, they never have Juliet's name :tantrum

I have a bottle of Horney Water sitting here on my shelf! They never have my name either. :ohwell:

bcp

In My Opinion
I used to commute from NC to MD on a regular basis. 17 was always a quicker and more scenic route.
I did it twice a month from 78 to 91
17 was almost always faster.
there were times when you could go 30 or so mile and not see another car.