DVD media

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I bought a 10 pk of DVD-R disks. Unfortunately my DVD burner is a DVD+RW. Who knew there was a difference? So now I have these disks that I can't use. Anyone want them? Or can I use them for something other than coasters?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Do they fly?

Originally posted by Sharon
They might be good for target practice. :cool:
:lmao: They'd make lousy skeet. Not enough fragmentation.

Vrai, can't you just take 'em back and swap them for what your burner uses?

H

Heretic

Take em back to the store

DVD recordables are in a real disarray....they are still trying to pick a standard kinda like VHS vs BetaMax

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Heretic
... DVD recordables are in a real disarray....they are still trying to pick a standard kinda like VHS vs BetaMax
That's why I bought the Sony burner. It doesn't care what the media is, it does them all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Kyle
Vrai, can't you just take 'em back and swap them for what your burner uses?
I got 'em from Buy.com - I'd just as soon give them to someone who can use them as pack them up, ship them back and wait for my refund. Plus I opened one (which is how I found out it doesn't work :frown:)

It didn't occur to me that there was more than one DVD format. Figured it was like CD - either R or RW and no compatibility issues. So anyone who has a DVD-R, speak up and I'll send 'em your way. None of my buds can use them and it would kill me to just throw them away. :lol:

K

Kizzy

Vrail,

I have a DVD writer so don't throw them out. I'm sure I can put them to good use.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by IM4Change
I have a DVD writer so don't throw them out. I'm sure I can put them to good use.
Look and see if it's a DVD-R and let me know. If you can use them, they're yours!