Hot Wings in Lexington Park??????

kgun35

I've been in the ATL for 3 years and on every street corner there is a wing joint - I'm planning on movin' to SOMD in a couple of months - so where are the wing joints??????  I've visted the Lexington Park/California area several times and haven't seen one - are there any?????

geekboy

Nope,  I believe Lonestar has wings on their menu but they aren't that good.  

When I want good wings I go to Hooters in Hampton VA,  yea I go there for the wings thats my story and Im sticking to it.  

K

KaZamm1061

Moe's used to sell them but he went out of buisness. The only place around here that i know of would be dominoes pizza or another pizza delivery store. Everyone else that i know of doesnt sell them. I tend to like the buffalo wings in NY they are the best ive ever had. Sorry, but that's Southern maryland for ya.

PmoneyandTT

Well you are going to have to bring the receipe from ATL - if you have a girlfriend or wife then she could make them for you.. I know for sure DC serves up so really nice wings.. But you might have to go in some spots that tourist don't tour.  When you come - drop me a line - maybe we can hook up and I'll show you?

Jimmyrich

Wings?

Catamaran's on Solomon's Island!! GREAT wings AND Buffalo Shrimp. And I pretty much live for "Buffalo-flavored" stuff so I would know. Also, Monk's aren't bad but they are HOT!!  I would reccomend Cat's to anyone though. THey have happy hour specials and the like that make it worth while...hope that helps...

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I happen to know Ruby Tuesdays has great wings and Clarks Landing in Hollywood has great wings too and during happy hour they are a quarter a piece.  I would stay away from the pizza place wings and stick to Rubys or a place like that.  They can be undercooked at some places.

kgun35

Tried the pizza hut/dominos wings before - not going there again :)

JR - Will have to check out Catamaran's next time I am in the area.

GB - How far is Hampton VA from Lexington Park area - you can never go wrong with some good Hooters wings.

P$&TT - you can take me to a wing joint in the DC area - my treat :)

kgun35

jeneisen - Have had the ruby tuesday's wings before, they are pretty good.  Clarks Landing - when is their happy hour - can't go wrong with $0.25 wings!!!!!!!!!

PmoneyandTT

Have to try going over to solomon's Island..

Has anyone gone to the Bennigans over in Waldorf?  Do they serve Wings?  What about the red, hot, blue?  I know they do BBQ.. Not sure of wings.. Anyone?

SxyPrincess

Chili's in Waldorf has GREAT wings!!!!!    As an added bonus, they are *free* during happy hour!!!  

kgun35

Never have tried wings at Chili's, but if they are free during happy hour, how can I say no to that.  I'm going to have to hit that up - thanks for the tip.

geekboy

Hampton is about 4 hours away,  I go there often for work.  Its right outside of Virginia Beach/Norfolk area.  

M Bucker

I suggest avoiding Catamarans like the plauge.  That place has average food, high prices and horrible service.  A group of us went there one night and two people didnt even get their meal, no silverware, had to ask and wait for drink refills everytime.  

Monk's has great wings.  You don't have to get them hot, you can get them mild or BBQ styled.  

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I completely agree about Catamaran's.  Their service is the WORST!.  My husband and I went there one nice spring day last year.  It was during the week so there was not to many people there.  We sat outside to enjoy the weather and ordered lunch.  

After a long wait, my husband received his food before mine (which I always find strange).  When mine finally came out I asked for silverware, not once, not twice, but three times.  The waitress never came back and the bus boy just kept looking at us like we were something from outerspace.  

When the waitress finally returned (bringing my husband a beer and nothing for me), my husband was completely finished and flies were all over my food, she then asked if I needed some silverware.  Ya RIGHT!  

After all that, she left my meal on this bill which we refused to pay for.  And the kicker ....  after all this, we found out that everything was so screwed up and late was because they had a kitchen fire!  We will NEVER go there again!  

:barf:

M Bucker

Yeah, exact same thing here.  We all sat outside, there werre 6 of us and my girlfriend and I didn't get our food when everything came out.  When we asked the waitress she had forgotten to put it in.  Then she asks if we still want it.  "Yeah we want it, that's our dinner".  Everyones food was cold by the time she brought out silverwear, we had to ask multiple times for drinks.  It was ridiculous, enough to ruin my evening.  

Then my friends yelled at me for not wanting to leave a tip!!!!!  You tip for service, not to have your meal forgotten about.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Around here, I haven't had GREAT wings... :(
I usually like the whole in the wall wing joints... they have the best! None of those here...
I've found that the wings at most of the restaurants here are tiny...barely any meat... not sure where they get their chickens :lol:

The best I've had here are at Nooks 'n Monks in Leonardtown and Outback in Hollywood... those two places the wings are meatier and taste good.

M Bucker

Try Monk's wings!!!!!!  I promis you'll like them.    They are big and meaty and flavorful.  It's a little bit of a drive but they're worth it.  Oh yeah, don't get the hot unless you can handle them, they are VERY HOT!!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I agree - Monk's wings are great!!!  :yay:   But watch out for the hot!  They'll singe your eyebrows off.  :shocked:

M Bucker

See Jazzy Lady, we can agree on something.  LOL :)

They call the hot wings dabber wings, 'cause the next morning you have to dab instead of wipe.  HAHAHAHA

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
m bucker on 1:26 pm on Mar. 8, 2002[br]See Jazzy Lady, we can agree on something.  LOL :)

They call the hot wings dabber wings, 'cause the next morning you have to dab instead of wipe.  HAHAHAHA

Wow - agreement in the forums! :crazy: Let's do a group hug.... :cry:

I'll take your word on the 'dabber' part - I like mildly hot, but I can't even SMELL them without my eyes watering.  I'll have to ask my husband though - he just LOVES their wings!!  :lol: