Billy Blanks Boot Camp

R

redhotmomma

Hubby and I did some basic Boot Camp last night and now i hurt like hell. OMG my freaking legs are about to burst. I say i think after a couple times of doing this i will get used to it. Lunges can do some serious damage to your legs. I can't wait to see the difference after a few weeks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Billy Blanks is also good training if you ever need to kick in a door or something.

R

redhotmomma

I have the 8 minute tae bo too! It seems like it last for ever!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Hubby and I did some basic Boot Camp last night and now i hurt like hell. OMG my freaking legs are about to burst. I say i think after a couple times of doing this i will get used to it. Lunges can do some serious damage to your legs. I can't wait to see the difference after a few weeks.

I love that feeling, that burning, hard to sit feeling.

Really though, lunges are the devil.

R

redhotmomma

At least i know that the burning feeling means its working!

KMPaddy2255

At least i know that the burning feeling means its working!

Yeah lunges are tough! You should look up how to do one leg deadlifts.
It is great for your buns, and your hamstrings. I used to do 3 sets of 12 on each leg for the deadlifts, 3 set of 15 squats, 3 sets of 20 (each leg) front to back lunges. I like it because you use your own body weight on all of them, so it was easy to do at home. :yay:

flipfloplover47

Live Life To The Fullest

I did Billy's 8min and boot camp work out for 3months and lost 27 pounds, plus drinking 3-4 water bottles a day, and also Diet Green Tea is a good natural detox so it just helps lose weight and tone your muscles. Diet Green Tea give's you so much energy, you can eat the things you want.I recomend it to enyone trying to lose weight or anyone who has a hard time getting off the couch to try it.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I did Billy's 8min and boot camp work out for 3months and lost 27 pounds, plus drinking 3-4 water bottles a day, and also Diet Green Tea is a good natural detox so it just helps lose weight and tone your muscles. Diet Green Tea give's you so much energy, you can eat the things you want.I recomend it to enyone trying to lose weight or anyone who has a hard time getting off the couch to try it.

Diet green tea and detox does not compute. If its a chemical sugar its no good, you're not detoxing anything. Detoxing and loosing weight are two different things as well. Its all these buzz words and propaganda that sell things like diet green tea. Green tea is not bad for you its full of antioxidants but so are blueberries, tomatoes and spinach (but are jam packed with more vitamins and minerals).

The amount of water you should be drinking per day is half your body weight, that number in ounces so if you weighed 100lbs you'd drink 50oz of water per day.

A really great show to watch You Are What You Eat

Weight loss = the right foods in the correct portions that coinside with calories burned. Burn more calories than you take in.

Exercise

Eat more raw fruits, veggies and nuts

Eat more fish and less or no red meat

Drink water, its what your body needs.

Last edited:

BOP

I've never been a seafood affecianado, but need to make some changes in my diet/lifestyle. Any recommendations as to where to get good seafood around here, without having to go to Annapolis or someplace?