Videotaping

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I went to Subway for lunch and there was a pregnant woman and her friend at the next table. I could not but help overhearing how her and her husband are going to videotape the birth.

Now let me just say I do not have children yet but for me I can't imagine wanting the world to see me from that end. My sister did it with her second child and she says when you are in labor you don't even notice and everyone is coming in and out of there anyway so you don't care, but I just can't imagine it.

Has anyone done this and if so what made you decide to videotape it?

I could see if there wasn't any below the waist shots and it was just of the face like in the movies but to have a stationary camera down there is just gross me.

I saw my neice being born in person and it wasn't a bad experience but its not something I would grab a bag of popcorn and watch on a Friday night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To each his own. :shrug: I never even considered videotaping my kids being born - I'm sure I'll remember every minute detail for the rest of my life. :lol: But it IS an important event and if someone wanted to preserve it for posterity, go for it.

Elle

Happy Camper!
I didn't video tape b/c honestly I can't say I want to see it hapening. I felt it that was enough. But about the embarassment thing, I had, hubby, my mom, his mom, and his dad all in the room along with the dr. and nurse when I had Tyler. I didn't care who was there as long as they would get him out.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Oh I agree its an important event but I just think there are some things in life you need to keep private and thats one of them. If someone else wants to do it great, but its not for me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
Sxy is going to have 'live feed' and get Vrai to post the link on the front page of SOMD Online...:bubble:
Kinda like Carni Wilson's tummy staple? This should be interesting. :rolleyes: :biggrin: