recipes for spot ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hi all ... we came home with a cooler full of spot sunday ... was a beautiful day on the water :smile: We also caught a few trout ! ... anyways ... I had seen a good recipe for spot on the internet but now I can't find it ... can anyone share a good recipe ? Thanks !

mainman

Set Trippin
I saw the title of this thread and thought you were going to start cooking for your dog...........:cheesy:

Rane

Originally posted by mainman
I saw the title of this thread and thought you were going to start cooking for your dog...........:cheesy:

:lmao: he wishes ... he is the beggingest ( don't think thats really a word but it fits him ) doggie .... can you say CHOW HOUND? :biggrin:

Thanks for that idea cmcdanal ... that sounds :yum:

Capt Brady

Thoughts On Cooking Spot

Spot is a soft textured fish like seatrout. Consequenmtly I would think slow cooking methods , would be avoided, less the spot flesh would be reduced to mush. It would not be a good choice for a chowder for example, nor for baking, or boiling.

Frying, or grilling, would be my choice.

Something that can be done to help firm up "soft" fish is to briefly marinade them in a slightly acidic wash, like either a citris or cider solution, before cooking.

If you can remove the scales but leave the skin on, that also helps to hold it together.

K

Kain99

I thought he was gonna start cooking for the Dog too! Almost spilled the truth about my daughter Microwaving the Dogs food every night!

True story, just ask Gilantar.... :biggrin:

Rane

Originally posted by Kain99
I thought he was gonna start cooking for the Dog too! Almost spilled the truth about my daughter Microwaving the Dogs food every night!

True story, just ask Gilantar.... :biggrin:

:blushing: okay ... I guess its safe to admit now that we microwave our pup's food for about 12 secs to warm it up ... no dog of mine should be expected to eat cold dog food :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Rane
:blushing: okay ... I guess its safe to admit now that we microwave our pup's food for about 12 secs to warm it up ... no dog of mine should be expected to eat cold dog food :biggrin:
That's exactly, what my baby girl thinks! :biggrin: