Indian Head VFW

MiMiMi

Has anyone been to the Indian Head VFW? I heard they have live music shows, but I thought they were just a bar with pool tables. Apparently not though since you can be there under 21. Any info.

kelb

art imitating life
Not a clue. I know that alot of places are trying to do bands now that a bunch of bars are closing down. Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

SoMdmMusician

Has anyone been to the Indian Head VFW? I heard they have live music shows, but I thought they were just a bar with pool tables. Apparently not though since you can be there under 21. Any info.

The VFW down here in Indian Head has been having since forever, I used to play there back in the day, they have three different stages, however, the live bands are extremely hit and miss down there since none of the bars want to pay bands any decent money anymore, most bands don't bother to book there since it's the dead end town that the town's leader have created over the years, no one comes this way, so, businesses don't last long around here, point being, there is no "draw" for bands to play here in this town, and when they do, the small audiences are not worth the bands time and effort in setting up to play.

The main, front, room is where they have most bands play, and it's so small you can have about 3 couples on the dance floor at a time, there's about 5.25 feet between the band and the pool tables and with it being so small, the bands play at low volumes and you still have to leave within the first 2 hours with the headache you get from the noise.

Long story short, it is not worth your time to even consider going there.

Thanks,
SoMdMusician

meangirl

Nice lady!

Well you can be there under 21 because they serve food, have bingo, etc. :lol: Umm, not a place I would want to hang out for sure. I've been there quite a few times because I had to pretty much but other than that... NO.