NFL Kickkoff

SmallTown

Football season!
Anyone going to the NFL festivities on the mall starting on the 1st? We're thinking of cutting out of work early on the 4th and head down to catch the concert. They are going to have big screens set up around the mall to see the show, and they had mentioned they may show the redskins game on them. Anyone heard if they have given the final OK to do this?

K

Kizzy

My hubby is going to the opening game. He got 4 tickets and guess who wasn't invited? Me. :bawl:

Bertha Venation

All I know about it is I'm going to have to find out when everything's going on at the Mall, and ask my boss if I can work around it. I drive straight through downtown, Constitution/17th/Independence (or some variance thereof) every day--just like a fair number of the other regs, I'm sure. (Whoever said that the traffic in L.A. was worse than that in D.C. didn't have a single freakin' clue--and clearly has never lived or worked in D.C.)

Does anyone around here like any teams besides the Redskins? My team is the San Diego Chargers. And 'SC put a hurt on Auburn today.... :dude:

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by IM4Change
My hubby is going to the opening game. He got 4 tickets and guess who wasn't invited? Me. :bawl:
of course not, he doesn't want you sitting next to him yelling "HOMERUN" every time the crowd goes wild.... :cheesy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
There was a whole section in today's Post about it - several pages worth. You might find the info in there or the Post's website.

K

Kizzy

of course not, he doesn't want you sitting next to him yelling "HOMERUN" every time the crowd goes wild....

:lol: I would NEVER do such a thing, but my mother did once. I think my dad and I never laughed so hard in our lives, but she was just trying to get into the game. I had to break away from watching too much football and hockey the past 3 years while going to college. Early on, I spent way too many Sunday chilling on the sofa watching football and NOT studying.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by jazz lady
There was a whole section in today's Post about it - several pages worth. You might find the info in there or the Post's website.
Yep. I saw it. Thanks, jazz. (Dig your av. It's cute!)

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Originally posted by mainman
of course not, he doesn't want you sitting next to him yelling "HOMERUN" every time the crowd goes wild.... :cheesy:

Too funny....:killingme

Hubby loves the Raiders...well he loves them when they win:biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Cool: the Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers are spoken for.

No other fav teams besides the Redskins?
49'ers.

mainman

Set Trippin
This is like christmas eve for me...
Can't wait till tomorrow night...
Washington is giving up 3... Not too sure I understand that one, :ohwell:. Let the games begin...

B

Bahamie

Im ready for Monday Night Football. When the Philadelphia Eagles get back revenge on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from losing the NFC championship last year.
Philly is gonna :spank: Tampa Bay Tommorrow Night

GO EAGLES!!!!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I think the Pats shoulda paid Lawerence Malloy the 9.5 Million he was asking for ....
angry-smiley-014.gif

They musta been
punk-kiffa.gif
today....