Warhammer Online

sparkyaclown

Got into the preview weekend before the open beta starts up. Game is pretty stable and I didn't run into any bugs. It is kind of a Warcraft clone, but they've added some pretty cool things to do. I especially liked the public quests and the RvR. The public quests are scenarios which progress in stages that you can join into just by going to the area where they take place and working on whatever stage happens to be going on. At the end of the quest everyone who is in the quest area rolls for a loot bag. The more you contributed to completing the quest the larger bonus you get to the loot roll. If you win the roll you get a bag with several items in it that you get to choose one from, so you never end up with something completely useless to you. You also gain points that you can spend on improved gear from that zone. RvR is like Warcraft's battlegrounds, great thing about these is that you can get into them alot earlier and it will buff your level to match the target level of that BG. Crafting seemed to be lacking as the only profession they had available was alchemy, no clue if that will change by the time the game goes live.

swm462

I got into closed beta for a little while. I love it. Went out and pre ordered it. Although it does look like warcraft, the truth is, warcraft is a rip off of warhammer in every way shape and form.

Gwydion

I got into closed beta for a little while. I love it. Went out and pre ordered it. Although it does look like warcraft, the truth is, warcraft is a rip off of warhammer in every way shape and form.

All MMORPGs are going to look like one another... you can't get too far without a UI with a HuD, action bars, and character status. To be honest, it looks more like LotRO than Warcraft, especially with unmodded raid frames and the "heavy" feeling to the controls.

sparkyaclown

I did the preorder and started playing in the headstart last tuesday on Wasteland, so far I'm really liking it. Classes seemed pretty balanced for the PvP aspect of it, there are a couple that seem a little overpowered. However given the fact that I have so far only rolled a chosen into the PvP arena I cannot fully back up that statement. I expect there to be classes that I will always lose to. A few bugs still pop up here and there but so far nothing game breaking, mainly just minor inconveniences.

Gwydion

Haven't played this nearly as much as I want to, but I have to admit, it is awesome. Sitting on my archmage at level 17.

Gwydion

Guess not, n/m. Lot of tabletop Warhammer games played in the basement of Bowes Books in Lexington Park.

Oh, no. I grew up in Frederick, so I guess you could say I was a "Brainstorm Comics Boy"

Although I googled Bowe's Boys and came up with quite a few male pron sites.
o.0

Xaquin44

Oh, no. I grew up in Frederick, so I guess you could say I was a "Brainstorm Comics Boy"

o.0

I miss walking to Brainstorm.

Head over to White Star and grab some Mozzerella (sp?) Sticks and a Coke and walk to Brainstorm.

Good times.

L

luckystar

o.0

Oh good lord. Guess I'm putting that term to rest.

Gwydion

Oh good lord. Guess I'm putting that term to rest.

Haha, have a look at "twink", which in the gaming world, is a player who optimizes a character with the absolute best gear at a sub-final level.

Then go google "twink"

Probably not from work.

sparkyaclown

I'm really liking the game. I can't decide which class I like the best though Chosen or Witch Elf. How are the scenario queues on your server? Tier 1 and 2 kick off pretty quickly on Wasteland above that is hit or miss. Barely any tier 4 RvR atm but it appears that the Order is just behind the curve as far as leveling goes. I am hopeful that it will pick up in the future.

Gwydion

I'm really liking the game. I can't decide which class I like the best though Chosen or Witch Elf. How are the scenario queues on your server? Tier 1 and 2 kick off pretty quickly on Wasteland above that is hit or miss. Barely any tier 4 RvR atm but it appears that the Order is just behind the curve as far as leveling goes. I am hopeful that it will pick up in the future.

I rolled a witch elf the other day...I absolutely hate health regen times, and the server (Avelorn) was weak on healers, so after I hit 10, I rerolled a shaman.

Nordenwatch Qs are instantaneous, the other two never pop. Still can't get people into the FoTF concept, so we generally always lose Nordenwatch.

T2 pops within a minute on Gorfang...Usually Morkrain Temple, but sometimes...the capture the flag one. Morkrain temple is a joke of a BG...its always whichever team grabs the flag first wins. Havent gotten to T3 yet...