Full moon--20% brighter

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Wednesday night's full moon will be the biggest, brightest, and closest to the earth all year.  Check it out.  http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/26feb_bigmoonshine.htm?list625702

Might be a good night to stay home and hide under the bed! :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Did anyone else see the full moon last night?  It was so beautiful.  We were driving home about 10 o'clock last night from St. Mary's to Calvert and the view going across the bridge was breathtaking! :yay:

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
jazz lady said:
Did anyone else see the full moon last night?  It was so beautiful.  We were driving home about 10 o'clock last night from St. Mary's to Calvert and the view going across the bridge was breathtaking! :yay:

:confused: But we just had a new moon

Agee

Speaking of celestrial stuff...

Did anyone see the rainbow lined doughnut around the sun yesterday? Looked like a huge eye in the sky, even a second rainbow as well.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Airgasm said:
Speaking of celestrial stuff...

Did anyone see the rainbow lined doughnut around the sun yesterday? Looked like a huge eye in the sky, even a second rainbow as well.

I did :howdy:

Also saw what my 16 yr old said was a satellite floating around in the sky a couple of nights ago....he said that the moon was reflecting off of it and made it light up(for a while I had my youngest convienced that it was a UFO :lmao: )

morganj614

MMDad said:
Somebody, anybody, please tell me how this happened.

Okay....It was on the news briefly but it got canned because it's a conspiracy. The earth's rotation sped up, increasing the gravitational pull on the moon. Well now the whole solar system is out of whack, the full moon is sooner and closer in distance, making it brighter.

MMDad

Lem Putt
morganj614 said:
Okay....It was on the news briefly but it got canned because it's a conspiracy. The earth's rotation sped up, increasing the gravitational pull on the moon. Well now the whole solar system is out of whack, the full moon is sooner and closer in distance, making it brighter.
I get it now! That's how a full moon four years ago made it into this week!

K

Kain99

Awesome week to break out the telescopes! Obsessed with the sky! :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
Awesome week to break out the telescopes! Obsessed with the sky! :huggy:
Still waiting for the mothership? :lol: :huggy:

I've often been tempted to buy one. Out where I'm at, there are no street lights and very few neighbors to interfere. On some nights, it seems you can almost touch the stars. :smile:

K

Kain99

jazz lady said:
Still waiting for the mothership? :lol: :huggy:

I've often been tempted to buy one. Out where I'm at, there are no street lights and very few neighbors to interfere. On some nights, it seems you can almost touch the stars. :smile:
Come sail away Jazzy! :huggy: