Sad News

M

Mousebaby

We are not exactly sure what went wrong but all the baby scorplings are dead. We noticed a few had died and it seemed like every day more were dead. They had even started venturing out of the cave without mom and now there are no more alive. I am so sad. I just don't know what happened. Sorry to those that asked for one and now they are gone. :frown:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
We are not exactly sure what went wrong but all the baby scorplings are dead. We noticed a few had died and it seemed like every day more were dead. They had even started venturing out of the cave without mom and now there are no more alive. I am so sad. I just don't know what happened. Sorry to those that asked for one and now they are gone. :frown:

I'm sorry for your loss. Poor lil guys. :huggy:

M

Mousebaby

I'm sorry for your loss. Poor lil guys. :huggy:

I was seriously getting attached to them. It made me sick watching them die off one by one. I just don't know what happened. They cage is the perfect temp and the humidity is perfect. I just don't know. :bawl:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I was seriously getting attached to them. It made me sick watching them die off one by one. I just don't know what happened. They cage is the perfect temp and the humidity is perfect. I just don't know. :bawl:

What were you feeding the babies??

M

Mousebaby

Here's a couple of pics I got just 2 days ago. Now they're gone...

Attachments

• baby 2a.jpg
    baby 2a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 182
  • baby 3a.jpg
    baby 3a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 208
M

Mousebaby

What were you feeding the babies??

From what I read as long as I kept food in there the mother would kill and feed for them. So I made sure to keep tiny crickets in there. I even put mealworms in there. She seemed to be doing what she was supposed to be doing but everyday I would check and more would be dead. I am so sad it is unreal. They were so cute!

M

Mousebaby

Aren't they poisionious?

Well yeah, but this particular species is not that venomous. No worse than a bee sting. Provided your not allergic. I have never handled Medusa, but she is very docile, she rarely even gets upset when I am messing around in her home. If she did get upset she would come at me with her claws open. She would pinch me rather than sting me. That's why they make good starter scorpions.

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
MB,
I'm so sorry about babies, but I have a girlfriend of mine that had the same thing happen to her. Her son had a pet scorpion that suddenly had babies and sadly with time they also passed :( There must be more to raising them then just depending on mom? I don't know, but it seems they are difficult raise to maturity - perhaps they also needed pinheds? :( Again I'm sorry about the babies :(