Olympic lifts

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Any of you guys know a QUALIFIED trainer that can coach me on oly lifts? I have zero experience in them, so will need to start with fundamentals.

B

Big Fatty

O-lifts

Not my forte'. Sorry.

I am pretty decent with Clean and Jerks but I suck at Snatches.

(I am so f'ing drunk right now. Typing that last statement almost made me pee my pants. God bless Sam Adams.)

Here is a link to check out:

USA Weightlifting

Go from there.

Eat big. Lift big. Be big.

DRINK BIG!!!! :yahoo:

B

Big Fatty

I am still a certified trainer. Gotta have a fall back if I lose my cush job at Calvert Cliffs. :lmao:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Not my forte'. Sorry.

I am pretty decent with Clean and Jerks but I suck at Snatches.

(I am so f'ing drunk right now. Typing that last statement almost made me pee my pants. God bless Sam Adams.)

Here is a link to check out:

USA Weightlifting

Go from there.

Eat big. Lift big. Be big.

DRINK BIG!!!! :yahoo:

:yay: Thanks Fatty.

I'm a little leary of trying this stuff by myself. Just gonna go heavy on a machine for now. LAST thing I want to do is #### something up because I don't know what I'm doing!!

B

Big Fatty

:yay: Thanks Fatty.

I'm a little leary of trying this stuff by myself. Just gonna go heavy on a machine for now. LAST thing I want to do is #### something up because I don't know what I'm doing!!

No problem.

A bit of advice though. How do you think the so called "experts" figured this stuff out? By experimenting and trying to do what no one thought they could do.
There are some great online videos of olympic lifts (i.e. Youtube, etc.). If you feel you need to do these lifts in your program, just go for it! Start light of course and be critical of your technique.
Take your camera phone and shoot video of yourself. Pick apart your flaws. Compare the video against others.
Clean and jerks are relatively simple but people over-complicate the technique. Snatches are similar.
Keep in mind that olympic lifts and their effectiveness for building explosive power is hotly under debate. Risk/reward comes into play here.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Big fatty you rock! :yay:

No debate in my mind. Every power lifter I've known has had a better vertical leap than the little fat bastards has any right to. You pudgy little boogers can jump!! :lmao:

I don't realy care how much iron I can get off the floor, but that ability to move FAST and SUDDENLY is what I'm looking for.

Right now kind of taking it easy, my back is a bit ginger right now. :ohwell:

T

toppick08

Big fatty you rock! :yay:

No debate in my mind. Every power lifter I've known has had a better vertical leap than the little fat bastards has any right to. You pudgy little boogers can jump!! :lmao:

I don't realy care how much iron I can get off the floor, but that ability to move FAST and SUDDENLY is what I'm looking for.

Right now kind of taking it easy, my back is a bit ginger right now. :ohwell:
:yay:
Take it slow, once you hurt your back.....it's for life.

:buddies:

B

Big Fatty

:yay:
Take it slow, once you hurt your back.....it's for life.

:buddies:

Sorry Toppick, I have to call :bs::bs::bs: on this comment.

I have injured my back (and I have scoliosis) and my spine is stronger than ever. It is strong because I have paid attention to posture (static and dynamic), strengthening surrounding musculature (ie anterior and posterior), and I understand (through a network of experienced persons) how to prevent and come back from injury.

All this does not make me bulletproof. I may wind up injured horribly because I compete. Who knows?

What I do know is........ I will not walk around scared to do anything because of my body. I value risk vs. reward but not to the point of being apprehensive and timid.

I am also on of those people who when told I cannot do something, I wind up doing it. F-U-C-K the naysayers!