Traffic Backup in hughesville because

watercolor

yeah yeah
There has been a BAD accident here in hughesville. A 18 wheeler hit this small saturn. There is a young girl who was driving the saturn. She was medi-vac'ed from the SMECO building here in hughesville. It happened in front of my work.

She was alive when they pulled her out. They did have to use the jaws of life, and the entire front end of her car was mashed. From what I could hear on the radio that was blaring from the fire engine that she had a broken ankle, wrist and a possible neck displacement along with shifted verts.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Me too. Like I said...while I was out there... she was alive...I know this because I heard her screaming. :cry: Well anyway- find out from your hubby and update me when you can if possible?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by watercolor23
Me too. Like I said...while I was out there... she was alive...I know this because I heard her screaming. :cry: Well anyway- find out from your hubby and update me when you can if possible?

He wouldn't know. Hughesville is Charles county and even if it were here they switch to private channels at the sceen so his pager wouldn't be able to tell him anything.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by cariblue
You went out there?

Yes- we heard a smash- and ran to see cause my boss and laborer went running north on 5. So after we ran out there- we came back and called 911.

It happened right in front of my work cari so I saw it.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by tys_mommy
He wouldn't know. Hughesville is Charles county and even if it were here they switch to private channels at the sceen so his pager wouldn't be able to tell him anything.

I know its CC...I just wasnt sure if he would know about it or whatever. Thanks anyway. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by fddog
She is fine we flew her to pg shock trauma

So she is still alive then. Ok. Well if you hear anything else...let me know. thanks for telling me. I will pass it along

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
How did the wreck happen?
Vrooom, vroom, squeeeel, screech, oh sheet, crash, bang, whaaa.....weoweoweoweo....

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23
*nods* ok. :frown: How old was she....just currious.
Are you not the one who started a thread (long time ago) about people gawking at accidents?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by DoWhat
Are you not the one who started a thread (long time ago) about people gawking at accidents?

Yes. But in that thread- I was stating gawking as those who come out of their homes and stop traffic to see what is going on. This happened right in front of the office and I could see it out of the window. So I hardly find that as gawking. I was in no way shape or form in the way of the people trying to help her, nor was I standing outside watching. I ran outside and saw it and ran back in and called 911.

I hardly find that as anything near what I wrote about when people were riding their 4 wheeler's up and calling their friends on the phone telling them to come down and see.