Bribe

Pete

Repete
(Read with a British accent)

The left hand rocks the cradle, the right hand passes out loot.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
No, even experts say that bribes here and there aren't a bad thing. If you tell your child, "If you clean your room then you'll get a treat" and then he does it and gets a treat, it's positive reinforcement. Just follow through, and if he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain don't give the treat.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Good!:biggrin:

Tyler decided a long time ago that the family bed was good for him. It was ok but now he's 5. So for every night he sleeps in his bed this week he earns a piece for his new sports bathroom (early Christmas present he just doesn't know it). Last night was good so he got a trashcan this morning. He really wants the shower curtian so thats the grand prize. And after this week, if he wants to keep it all he'll have to sleep in his own room.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Good!:biggrin:

Tyler decided a long time ago that the family bed was good for him. It was ok but now he's 5. So for every night he sleeps in his bed this week he earns a piece for his new sports bathroom (early Christmas present he just doesn't know it). Last night was good so he got a trashcan this morning. He really wants the shower curtian so thats the grand prize. And after this week, if he wants to keep it all he'll have to sleep in his own room.

I think that's a GREAT plan!! Nothing wrong with it at all! It's time for him to sleep in his own room so you can make him a baby brother or sister! :wink:

K

Kain99

I think.... almost from the moment of conception Mom's connect and know exactly what's best for baby. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Don't ever let anyone tell ya different! :wink:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Kain99
I think.... almost from the moment of conception Mom's connect and know exactly what's best for baby.

I don't agree. There are some real idiot parents out there who don't have a clue. tys_mommy not being one of them...I'm just sayin'...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tys_mommy
That's it, he's snuggling with me again tonight!

AAWwwwwwwww....come on love - that's no fun!!!! As Missy Elliott said it best....."Get ya freak onnnnnnnnnnnnnn"!

:banana:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by PFgal
I don't agree. There are some real idiot parents out there who don't have a clue. tys_mommy not being one of them...I'm just sayin'...
Well He!! you grouchy crabs! I was talking to Ty's Mommy and I stand by what I said...... geez drink some coffee people. :frown:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have to agree with Pete and PF ... how would you explain the moms who lock themselves and their kids in the car as they drive off a bridge and into a river to drown ... Susan Smith ... Andrea Yates ... I know they're extreme, but there are lots of others we just don't hear about.

My chicky makes me feel like a :diva: she tells me almost every day that I'm the best mommy in the whole wide world! :biggrin:

Of course, that's usually after she gets something she's been asking for :ohwell:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Bribes all about food are a problem. Bribes all about toys that pile up and don't get played with are a problem. Bribes about a little redecorating that you are going to do anyway, no problem.

I reward my son, sometimes with food, but it works for him. For example last year and this year he acted out the first week in school b/c he was scared. By telling him he'd get a reward (cookies) at the end of a good week, he buckled down and acted right. Once he started doing the right thing, he realized there was nothing to be scared of and he didn't need to act out and I don't need to keep bribing him.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Kain99
I think.... almost from the moment of conception Mom's connect and know exactly what's best for baby. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Don't ever let anyone tell ya different! :wink:

OK, for PF, Pete & CC
Rephrase that to all mommys without major psych disorders ...

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by cmcdanal
Bribes about a little redecorating that you are going to do anyway

Geez, I hope he doesn't figure that one out or I'm screwed:biggrin:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by crabcake
I have to agree with Pete and PF ... how would you explain the moms who lock themselves and their kids in the car as they drive off a bridge and into a river to drown ... Susan Smith ... Andrea Yates ... I know they're extreme, but there are lots of others we just don't hear about.

:yeahthat:

But anyone who asks questions of themselves and others about what's best for their child, I go with what Kain said. You usually know your child best and will do the right thing.