Tiny baby turtle

craberta

A couple of months ago, hubbs found a tiny box turtle in the yard. He almost stepped on it. He showed it to me, and I of course thought (and still do) that it was the cutest turtle I had ever seen. I had a pet turtle as a kid, for about 14 years, but it got run over by a lawn mower. I checked online info and found out that this little turtle should have still been in the nest, below the frost line, till next spring, and was probably escaping an animal that disturbed it's home. He or she probably would have been eaten, and would not have survived the latest freezing temps. I have decided to raise this turtle. This means that I have to live at least 40 more years, or put him or her in my will, to ensure a home with fresh bugs worms and water. I have accidently figured out how to grow my own superworms to feed through the winter. This little turtle is a piggy and a waterholic.:1bdz:

jetmonkey

Box turtles are notorious for becoming bored with food items as pets, so rotate what you offer. Also I'm pretty sure there are laws regarding keeping box turtles so you might want to look into that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I hope InkPen doesn't read this thread, she'll call out the Secret Service, and the TMNT on you..

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
One summer when staying with my grandma, way back when, while working tobacco for my uncle in Great Mills, I discovered a few little eggs that I brought home to my grandma. We put them in one of her many flower pots in her sun porch. That fall she came to visit us up north and brought us three little bity tiny turtles that had hatched out. We had so much fun with them. My mom made us turn them loose. She didn't like any animals.

A few years ago I found some eggs in the compost pile while digging around. Remembering the cute little turtles of long ago, I brought six inside and put them in an aquarium for the kids to watch. They ended up being snakes:( I put them outside and don't bring the eggs that we find inside anymore.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
One summer when staying with my grandma, way back when, while working tobacco for my uncle in Great Mills, I discovered a few little eggs that I brought home to my grandma. We put them in one of her many flower pots in her sun porch. That fall she came to visit us up north and brought us three little bity tiny turtles that had hatched out. We had so much fun with them. My mom made us turn them loose. She didn't like any animals.

A few years ago I found some eggs in the compost pile while digging around. Remembering the cute little turtles of long ago, I brought six inside and put them in an aquarium for the kids to watch. They ended up being snakes:( I put them outside and don't bring the eggs that we find inside anymore.

:killingme