button quail fever

ode2god

anyone here got button quail? im trying to raise some no babies yet what anm i doing wrong?:coffee:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Ode2God,
I have what I thought was going to be BQ, but as it turns out I have JQ ( I got them off of freecycle!) :) I'm REALLY interested still in getting BQ - so please keep me updated on your birds :) Like CG said what is your current setup and where are you having the problem? Housing, mating, laying, incubating?? :) How exciting!

Stacey

Last edited:

Micki

anyone here got button quail? im trying to raise some no babies yet what anm i doing wrong?:coffee:

Used to raise button quails. There are very few hens that will actually sit on their eggs. If they do and hatch them the males will kill the babies because they want to mate again.
I ended up using an incubator - hatch rate is about 40% - but they are soooo cute.
Also, for one male you have to have at least 4 or 5 females to keep him happy.
Good luck!

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Ode2God,
I have an incubator if that is your issue!!! I would love to have these birds ;) hahaha

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Used to raise button quails. There are very few hens that will actually sit on their eggs. If they do and hatch them the males will kill the babies because they want to mate again.
I ended up using an incubator - hatch rate is about 40% - but they are soooo cute.
Also, for one male you have to have at least 4 or 5 females to keep him happy.
Good luck!

Damn male species....there are some things that just don't change :lol: