Tabula Rasa: Peace out

Gwydion

Tabula Rasa, released in November of 2007 is officially shutting down on February 28. Apparently they didn't get the following they had anticipated and Lord British (originator of Ultima) is leaving NCsoft.

The good news is that now the game is free to play. So if you had any interest, go grab it on up!

R

RadioPatrol

Tabula Rasa, released in November of 2007 is officially shutting down on February 28. Apparently they didn't get the following they had anticipated and Lord British (originator of Ultima) is leaving NCsoft.

The good news is that now the game is free to play. So if you had any interest, go grab it on up!

I tried it last month .......... :yawn:

graphics were ok

sparkyaclown

I tried it during the beta. The concept was cool, but some of the mission requirements had you constantly competing with fellow players to complete. I can recall one mission in the starter zone that had you go kill a certain number of a particular mob (3 or 4 maybe) of which there were a total of about 10 on the map and re-spawn times were by no means short. It had missions that gave you a choice on how to end it (ex. let someone go or turn them in) which had no effect on the game play. As a single player game it could have been cool, however it just didn't seem well thought out for multiplayer. I wasn't impressed enough to bother getting it once it released, apparently a lot of others weren't either. From my understanding WOLK sold more in one minute on release day than Tabula Rasa sold during its entire run.