Fox news views most malinformed of all

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't bring that weak-azz sh*t in here.

The rest of the story:

80 percent of Fox News viewers held at least one of the three incorrect beliefs.

Among broadcast network viewers there also were differences. Seventy-one percent of those who relied on CBS for news held a false impression, as did 61 percent of ABC's audience and 55 percent of NBC viewers. Fifty-five percent of CNN viewers and 47 percent of Americans who rely on the print media as their primary source of information also held at least one misperception.
According to this study and my calculations, 61.5% of all Americans who watch or read the news, hold these "incorrect" beliefs. Propaganda - Fox is only 20 points above the average and closely followed by the liberals' beloved CBS.

Weapons of mass destruction have already been found in Iraq.
I learned that from watching Blix give his testimony, not from Fox News.
World opinion favored the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.
Nobody learned that from Fox, either. The reporters and talk guys went on and on about how the French, Germans, Russians, etc, were against the freedom operation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Among those who primarily watch Fox, those who pay more attention are more likely to have misperceptions," the report concludes. "Only those who mostly get their news from print media have fewer misperceptions as they pay more attention."
Someone please help me understand this statement.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde

"either you believe the :bs: we spew or it's wrong".

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Translation:

People who watch TV for news (Fox in particular) = STOOPiT
Poeple who read the print media (LA Times, etc) = SMART

Yer welcome.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It surveyed 3,334 Americans who receive their news from a single media source.
Who in this day and age only gets their news from one source? This is just some more BS being spewed to justify wasting tax-payers money on stupid research projects of absolutely no value.

http

I hate to disappoint you all but here is the truth of the matter.

The malinformed citizens are the ones who still use the term "liberal" and "conservative". Why? Well for starters, there is no such thing as a liberal or conservative party in the U.S. The liberal party only exists in Canada, Great Britian and 1800s U.S. The term liberal as you use it today was invented by that pill popping druggie junkie Rush Limbaugh. Why you would want to associate yourselves with him still, one wonders.

Political debates are childish. You disagree? Take a look at the new Governor of California and tell me any debate was worth going through on that election.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by http
The term liberal as you use it today was invented by that pill popping druggie junkie Rush Limbaugh.

That statement pretty much sums up the liberal media. Achtung, baby

Steve

Enjoying life!
Otter

As you can see, I never got a response from http after I posted. Just goes to show how a Dem acts once he has to face some real debatable evidence. :biggrin:

http

Re: Otter

Originally posted by Steve
As you can see, I never got a response from http after I posted. Just goes to show how a Dem acts once he has to face some real debatable evidence. :biggrin:

Relax tough guy. That silence was the Dillon 904 and happy hour, kay?

And as far as a response, what response are you looking for? Did you ask a question? Make a point?

If you are refering to your Ahnold comment, you are making my point for me. When someone wins a governor election after announcing for 1 month, campaigning for about 4 minutes and managing to skip all the debates and he still wins, obviously politics just don't matter.

If you are refering to your Google answers, I specifically said the "term as you use it today". I don't need Google to educate me on the history of the political terms, I remember quite well from school, as obviously, you don't.

Oh yea, BTW. Rush just came out of the closet you repugs. Ha Ha, what a coinkidink!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/10/10/rush.limbaugh/index.html

(Just kidding about the repug, just gotta take what you can get. Don't come back with some democrap comment. I could give 2 sch!ts (see above)).

Steve

Enjoying life!
Thanks for the compliment. Never thought of myself as a tough guy.

As far as the post and response, you said that Rush coined the term 'liberal'. I was providing evidence to the contrary. That's all. You call it the "term (we) use today". I used that link to point out that the term has meant different things over the course of 150 years. But, to get down to basics...

Liberal, to support liberation or change, bucks against the "norms" of society, whatever they may be at any given time. If that means killing babies as they are coming down the birth canal, or freeing opressed, or taking from the rich to liberate the poor, well, if the shoe fits...

Conservative, to deflect change and hold onto what is considered "tried and true", like strong family values, hard work to achieve goals, and standing on your own two feet, well, if the shoe fits...

Arnold? I didn't vote for him. But it is a telling sign.

School? History goes back a little before Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O' for that matter.

The top is slowing; spin it again http!!

Steve

Enjoying life!
HTTP

Dillon 904

I plead ignorance to this. What does Dillon 904 mean?

When someone wins a governor election after announcing for 1 month, campaigning for about 4 minutes and managing to skip all the debates and he still wins, obviously politics just don't matter.

Not unless Bustamante had won. Then you'd be singing a quite different song, I'm sure.

I don't need Google to educate me on the history of the political terms, I remember quite well from school, as obviously, you don't.

Including links to supporting information is useful in a debate "today". It means you are not just pulling sheet out of you azz to bully people into submission. Read my post, and the link information again. Your response holds no water.

Oh yea, BTW. Rush just came out of the closet you repugs. Ha Ha, what a coinkidink!

For a second, I thought you meant he admitted he was gay!! :biggrin: Admitting to drug use is not usually referred to as "coming out of the closet". But I could be wrong. I'm not edumacated, apparently.

http

Again, I really don't have a problem with any of the above. My point is I don't think there is much of an argument with any liberal vs. conservative debate when it comes to the PRESS and political elections, because 99% of the average person has no idea about the origins and history of politcal parties in the U.S. So people like Rush, Bill and Hamblin in the 90s have dumbdowned the terms for the dumb.

Thanks for your definition of the two terms snapshot'd at some point over the last 150 years, but again I don't need them, and also I think you simplified them a bit much.

For instance on your birth canal argument, there are plenty of REPUBLICAN VOTING women who are very much in support of abortion (if not most).

Also, Arnold may be a REPUBLICAN but he is self-admitted a very "liberal" one.

I originally posted in this thread because the argument is so flippin stupid, I can't believe people are still bringing it up. Every paper self-admits they have a political slant as does every news broadcast and news personality. Been there done that. If it bothers you, watch or read something else. Who gives a flyn f%$&. Dumb topic.

http

Re: HTTP

Originally posted by Steve
Dillon 904

I plead ignorance to this. What does Dillon 904 mean?

When someone wins a governor election after announcing for 1 month, campaigning for about 4 minutes and managing to skip all the debates and he still wins, obviously politics just don't matter.

Not unless Bustamante had won. Then you'd be singing a quite different song, I'm sure.

I don't need Google to educate me on the history of the political terms, I remember quite well from school, as obviously, you don't.

Including links to supporting information is useful in a debate "today". It means you are not just pulling sheet out of you azz to bully people into submission. Read my post, and the link information again. Your response holds no water.

For a second, I thought you meant he admitted he was gay!! :biggrin: Admitting to drug use is not usually referred to as "coming out of the closet". But I could be wrong. I'm not edumacated, apparently.

Dillon 904 is my commuter bus. In otherwords, I didn't respond because I was on my way home.

As far as Bustawhatever, what don't you understand? I am saying that Ahnold winning this thing with little or not effort is a sign of the changing times where political party affiliation and experience and strength are playing less and less of a role. Remember, California is a democratic State.

As far as the links, who cares? I am not arguing with you. You are missing my point.

As far as coming out of the closet, gays, drugs, wife-beating, rape, embezzlement, its all the same. You know what I mean.

Steve

Enjoying life!
HTTP

There are plenty of dumb topics every day on here. Its called discourse. That is what attracts so many here. The ability to discuss the day's events.

I am not for abortion. I know there are Rep. women that do. That is their decision. I just feel that killing any innocent is horrific, for whatever reason. And by innocent, I mean truly innocent. Death row inmates would fall into that category as well; not the 'players of the system' but those cases that truly reflect the evidence to support doubt. But I would not say that most Rep. women support abortion, but we'll leave that alone.

I agree that Arnold is a more "liberal" Republican. (You used the description of him first.)

This whole thing doesn't bother me enough to "read something else"; again, this is a forum for discourse. Unfortunately, it is rarely used for that purpose.

Hessian

I'll take a guess here...Http has a sticker on the back of his foreign made car..."Mean People Suck"

Has anyone evr found a happy Liberal? Doesn't exist! There is always a complaint, a rejection, a chuckle at the disgrace of anything...
That is why I generally don't waste my time on Discourse with them...
They're Lost
Bitter,
Mocking ...
and they want everyone to admire their sneering. sulking positon.

real attractive huh?