Tattooed Americans feel sexier

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
NEW YORK - Around 16 percent of adult Americans have at least one tattoo, believing the body art makes them feel sexier, more rebellious and even, in some cases, more intelligent, according to a poll published.

The poll carried out by Harris Interactive probed the tattoo trend from just about every angle, from sexual orientation to political affiliation.

Democrats it seems are more likely to have tattoos (18 percent) than supporters of other parties, although Republicans ran them a close second with 14 percent.

Among those with tattoos, 34 percent said they felt sexier, especially women, while 29 percent professed to feeling more rebellious.

Five percent even claimed that tattoos made them feel more intelligent or, in three percent of cases, more athletic.

The fact that tattooing has become a conscious style choice rather than a drunken mistake was reflected in the fact that 83 percent of people with tattoos voiced no regret about having them.

Among those who did acknowledge having made a mistake, the reason cited most often was "because of the person's name in the tattoo."

Regret was highest among tattooed Republicans at 24 percent.

The survey was conducted online within the United States between July 14 and 20, among a nationwide cross-section of 2,215 adults.

He may FEEL sexy, but he sure as heck doesn't look sexy. :yikes:

Hmmm..."why you got tattooed." Sounds like a good question for a poll. :lmao:

Taz

Tattooed Americans feel sexier...

Tattooed Americans feel sexier...?

Actually they do!

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by jazz lady
NEW YORK - Around 16 percent of adult Americans have at least one tattoo, ...

I saw this article. Didn't the forum poll recently come out at about 40-50%?

Oh, that's right! We are all either Republicans or SMIBs. That explains it.

Marley007s

I have to say that in a society where self mutilation is trendy, I am proud to participate. I have 3 tatoos and my nipple pierced. Each one of these actions I used to mark a big change in my life. I have to also say that though I have that wild side about me, you would never know it by my actions. I wear a suit every day, and am very down to earth. I think it is more of a pride thing with those who do it.

As far as sexy... To me... as long as they are discrete, and not the size of a basket ball, bring it on!!! With piercings, I dig it. Personally I don't like nose rings, but bring on the belly buttons, nipples, ears, and eye brows.

I guess this is just food for thought from a 25 yo professional male.

:cool: :cheers: :clap: :dance: :biggrin: :wink:

Marley007s

I have to say that in a society where self mutilation is trendy, I am proud to participate. I have 3 tatoos and my nipple pierced. Each one of these actions I used to mark a big change in my life. I have to also say that though I have that wild side about me, you would never know it by my actions. I wear a suit every day, and am very down to earth. I think it is more of a pride thing with those who do it.

As far as sexy... To me... as long as they are discrete, and not the size of a basket ball, bring it on!!! With piercings, I dig it. Personally I don't like nose rings, but bring on the belly buttons, nipples, ears, and eye brows.

I guess this is just food for thought from a 25 yo professional male.

:cool: :cheers: :clap: :dance: :biggrin: :wink: