Head Trauma in Kitten

huzzyone

Has anyone ever had to deal with head trauma in a kitten? If so I would love to know how you dealt with it. My freakin dog attacked my kitten. Took him to a vet and doing everything possible I would just like some more suggestions. Thanks

huzzyone

The kitten is recovering, I just fear he may be brain damaged. He is now up and around. It has only been 3 days since the attack. I just really luv this kitten. Unfortuneatly my husband really loves the dog!

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
You won't like my answer, it involves being humane and putting the kitty down. Would you like to have a brain damaged cat around for 15 years? Kitty could be badly brain damaged and living in pain, there's lots of lonely kitties out there...

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
Huzzy, is this your whitecat?

:lol: When I first saw that, I thought you called her a name, not HER screen name. Gezz.

huzzyone

Hey all!
Geez! Didnt expect such response! This kitten does seem to have 9 lives! He only has 7 left! He is acting better. I really just wanted to know if anyone had dealt with such a situation!
Mt. mama, it is not white cat it is a new kitten! Check out my webshots again it has been updated!http://community.webshots.com/user/huzzyone.

slackwater514

I wouldn't put the kitty down if it's improving - depending on the level of brain damage, it could still live a happy, healthy life. I think your vet would have told you if it was hopeless, and I've seen miracles happen - don't give up hope. Keep nurturing it...and dogs can learn to get along with cats. Often, dogs pick on kittens b/c they're bite size and squirmy, but have no problems with larger kittens or adults. Your two critters could still learn to live in harmony.

huzzyone

head trauma

Thanks for the last few replies they really lifted my spirits more than some of the others! I am going to keep nurturing!:clap:

huzzyone

Update on Kitty

Hey All,
Just wanted to update you on Kitty, He seems to be back to normal! Thank goodness! I would include a pix if I knew how to LOL!:biggrin: :confused: