Kill Bill Vol 1.

dustin

UAIOE
First of all if you get nauseous at the site of blood. It wouldnt be a very smart move to watch this movie. I believe it originally had a NC-17 rating, but was changed to R. Not sure if anything was cut from the film for this. Overall I was very impressed with the acting and the scenes flowed really well with no "slow" spots. Some of the soundtracks were a bit odd at times, but matched up well with the mood. There is little comedy, and what's there is leaning on the "darkside". I was laughing more during the 10 minute previews than during the entire flick. If you like kung-fu fighting fast as lighting, with some drama, and lots 'o blood, or just want to see Uma Thurman in tight motorcycle leathers, see this one. Tarantino has done it again.:clap:

B

Betty_Elms

Awesome film! We watch movies to take us to another place...and this movie does that fantastically. The storyline was interesting, and had excellent pacing.
From an artistic perspective, the whole thing just POPPED. From the costumes to the colors, to the music, to acting. All the fighting scenes were choreographed beautifully, and were great to watch.
I will definitely be sticking around to see what happens to Bill...

K

Kizzy

I will have to watch this, I saw it in the store but never heard the title before, sounded good. Plus, I think Betty and I have the same taste in movies for the most part. Everything she has said is really good, I've enjoyed. :cheers:

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by IM4Change
I think Betty and I have the same taste in movies for the most part. Everything she has said is really good, I've enjoyed.

Why, thank you :biggrin:
Definitely my favorite Tarantino film to date. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the sequel in the theater next week...don't wanna have to wait for DVD again!

K

Kizzy

:clap: It came in from Netflix today, so since I'm in a pissy arse crappy mood, I will be able to stomach the blood and guts even more.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I hate Quentin Tarantino, even more than I hate kung-fu style movies, but this one rocks. I'm glad I waited until now to see it though, so I can go right to the theater to see Vol. 2 :biggrin:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Come on, Q is Awesome!

Pulp Fiction , Reservoir Dogs, Natural Born Killers, and Jackie Brown

All great movies. He's funky to look at, but his movies are awesome.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I didn't like it. :frown:

The whole anime thing in the middle just had me scratching my head, like "why is this here?".

And even though I'm not one to get queasy at gory movies, I thought the whole hacking of peoples body parts off and blood spraying 9 feet in the air was completely over the top and really just served as a constant reminder of how hokey it was. Instead of an 'escape from reality' where I can 'suspend disbelief' as I like to get from movies, in this movie I was constantly reminded instead of how ridiculous it was.

I'm not one to pick movies apart. I love those movies that accomplish the impossible, but at least they try to make it believable.

The only saving graces in this movie was the choreography of the fight scenes and Uma Thurman's body. The acrobatics and sequences were put together masterfully - it was the special effects that ruined it for me. Uma Thurman looked good, but she didn't show near enough feminine wiles to make up for the parts of the movie that I didn't like.

I'm not gonna bother with Vol. 2.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Originally posted by sleuth14

I'm not one to pick movies apart. I love those movies that accomplish the impossible, but at least they try to make it believable.

What? Insist that movies are believable? Then it would be no fun to go to the movies! I go sometimes to ESCAPE reality...:biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Voter2002
What? Insist that movies are believable? Then it would be no fun to go to the movies! I go sometimes to ESCAPE reality...:biggrin:

You totally missed my point.

Movies like Armageddon, Independence Day, etc. are unbelievable but they at least try to make it seem believable.

Kill Bill didn't do that. Tarantino seemed to intentionally want to keep reminding me that this *couldn't* happen.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by sleuth14
You totally missed my point.

Movies like Armageddon, Independence Day, etc. are unbelievable but they at least try to make it seem believable.

Kill Bill didn't do that. Tarantino seemed to intentionally want to keep reminding me that this *couldn't* happen.

:blahblah: The yellow motorcycle leathers rocked :yay:

K

Kizzy

Not only did the yellow motorcycle rock, the matching yellow suit was cool too.

I liked the movie, it was a tad bit hard to follow only because the DVD from Netflix kept messing up and the translation footer wasn't appearing. (never gotton a bad DVD before this one, hopefully it is my last one)

The whole anime thing in the middle just had me scratching my head, like "why is this here?".

I personally thought that this was the best way to offer the insight into the background it was depicting. It was gory enough even in animation. I expected her to get thru the list, but obviously if she seeks her total revenge in Volume I, there wouldn't be a reason for a Volume II. The last sentence in the movie floored me; I was not expecting that and it left me gasping for the sequel. The movie was strange, out there, defiantly, with the horror soundtrack music, but I thought it was a great escape.

Toxick

Splat
I finally saw this one. I had been meaning to see it since it came out, and I never got around to it... but finally the kids were asleep, I managed to stumble across it on PPV before it started, and I didn't have anything to do for a couple hours.

My only real gripe about it is that the Volume 2 is already out of theaters, and won't be on PPV or DVD for a good while yet.

:mad:

This movie kicked a substantial amount of ass. I agree that the blood shooting out like a fire hose was totally over the top and unbelievable, but I was sufficiently intrigued by the plot, the kung-fu and the imagery to let that pass, although I caught myself rolling my eyes when a simple stab to the chest would cause more airborne gore than a swallowed frag grenade.

The only other - I guess you could call it a complaint, although it's not really a complaint per se - that I have, is the forced mysteriousness. Why are they bleeping out The Bride's name? (And it's not even quietly glossed over like the Narrator's name in Fight Club.) Why are they keeping Bill's face hidden? Everyone knows what David Carradine looks like, and he's not playing any of the other characters which would cause a plot-twist later. Maybe Volume 2 has the answers. I dunno. Just seems gratuitous and forced to me.

I really liked the anime cut-scene detailing O-Ren's childhood, although I'm not a big anime guy.

I am buying this movie.

But it will remain locked up or hidden until my chilluns are well into their teens.

H

HollowSoul

Originally posted by Betty_Elms
Why, thank you :biggrin:
Definitely my favorite Tarantino film to date. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the sequel in the theater next week...don't wanna have to wait for DVD again!
that was your favorite:confused: haven't you seen desparado or from dusk till dawn:confused: i think they surpassed kill bill by a landslide

K

Kizzy

Kill Bill Vol 2 comes out August 10th. :getdown:

Why am I still awake? :confused: