I think I like hockey!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I am beginning to think, that I like another sport other than football! :lol: Hockey seems to be my new fancy. I swear it must be the contact and roughness of it all. :lol: In all serriousness though- I would like to learn some more about it, cause I think I could get to like it more. :smile:

I was watching colorado and st louis the other night. St. Louis played a pretty mean game- which I enjoyed. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
How are these particular teams doing this year? Are they worth watching, and are they worth taking the time to deal with?

Ducks?
St Louis (forgot their name)
Caps?

Danzig

You have to go to them live. They suck on TV, (but I still watch). If you go to one game you will be hooked.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Danzig
You have to go to them live. They suck on TV, (but I still watch). If you go to one game you will be hooked.

See that is what I am thinking- I have a feeling I will become one of those fans that is screaming in the stands...and yelling. :lmao: Would you suggest a caps game then?

Danzig

Originally posted by watercolor23
How are these particular teams doing this year? Are they worth watching, and are they worth taking the time to deal with?

Ducks?

Caps?

St Louis Blues

I am a Penguins fan, but there aint much for me to cheer about. A Ducks, Penguins, Redwings, Stars would all be good games to go to.

It was great when we they had the Icebreakers (ECHL) but they are gone. I still go home and watch the Johnstown Chiefs.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Exactly what Dan said! I've never been into hockey, nor did I watch it on TV. Went to a live game a couple of years back and would LOVE to go to another one! Blood, teeth and fists were flying!!!!

T.Rally

It only sucks if you don't understand the game. That sounds like a woman's perspective.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I agree, live is much better. There is alot of stuff that happens "behind the play" that never makes it on camera because it is too far from the puck.

Case in point: At a caps game several years ago one of the Capitals was pretty badly smashed up by an opposing player, but no penalty was called because everyone was looking the other way. For some "unknown" reason on the ensuing face-off one of the Capitals goons (a fellow named Simon) was lined up opposite the offending member of the opposing team. As soon as the puck was dropped, Simon laid him out and then served a double minor penalty for roughing, but everyone felt that justice had been served. cold. The point is that you would never have understood that from the TV coverage.

Check out www.washingtoncaps.com for their Hockey101 course. Looks like a good way to learn about the game and meet a few of the players.:cheers:

T.Rally

T. your a dork.
Hockey dork, thank you very much. Don't even get me started on how I think the game should be improved. It involves removing the very reason some people watch it for. Open up the ice and allow the skill players to do their thing. Penguin fans above others ought to agree.

tater

Originally posted by watercolor23
I am beginning to think, that I like another sport other than football! :lol: Hockey seems to be my new fancy. I swear it must be the contact and roughness of it all. :lol: In all serriousness though- I would like to learn some more about it, cause I think I could get to like it more. :smile:

I was watching colorado and st louis the other night. St. Louis played a pretty mean game- which I enjoyed. :smile:

Same thing happened to me back in 1996. I got tired of baseball (what with all the strikes and the ever slowing of the pace of the game), so I started watching hockey. I picked Colorado as my team because I was a new fan, and they were a new team. They won the Cup that year and I've been hooked ever since.

Now it ranks likes this:

1) Nascar
2) Hockey
3) Foozball
4) badminton
5) cribbage
6) baseball

tater

Originally posted by *archimedes*
Baseball sucks. Every time one of these nancy-boys steps out of the batters' box to twitch and fidget like a retard for five minutes between every pitch they should assess a strike. That would speed the game up.

Agreed. Also seems like their b@lls itch more these days :shrug:

tater

Originally posted by otter
Garciaparra???

Reminds me of the SNL skit where Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch are doing their thing and he turns around wearing his jersey and yells, "Nommaaa".

It's funnier if you actually see it. I like the one where Britney Spears is churning butter. Made me wanna churn some butter too:twitch:

B

Bruzilla

I was a dedicated Pirates fan until the strikes came along. I thought I was alone until I stated watching games every now and again and saw that the only people in the seats are behind home plate.