dogs

fddog

Bow wow
Has anyone ever tried to adopt an animal from calvert humane society? well i did not get my dog. the family that is holding her, Has become attached and doesn't wanna give her up.
The bad part is i told my 5 year old last night we had a dog coming. He was crushed to learn the dog was not. And i spent a crap load of money on dog stuff at petsmart. I called the lady and expressed my intrest again, She said she would have a pow wow with her family and see what they said.. Now the lady who has the dog does not want her it is the family. They already have 3 other dogs.:bawl:

K

Kain99

That doesn't sound fair at all. I'm sorry, I hope you find the perfect puppy.

mainman

Set Trippin
IMO.. you probably shouldn't have mentioned it to the little fella till it was a done deal....

K

Kain99

Originally posted by mainman
IMO.. you probably shouldn't have mentioned it to the little fella till it was a done deal....
Yeah, but who would imagine that something like this could even happen? :confused:

fddog

Bow wow
Originally posted by mainman
No doubt mm i had to tell him the dog was not feeling well so they would not bring her over..:frown: so he walked around going ring ring. The dog feels better they are on the way :bawl:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
That's amazingly sad. Do they have another dog you can get? They should've checked with the adoptive family before making you go thru the process. What a bunch of tards.

I'd be writing nasty-grams and making nasty phone calls.
:yeahthat:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
That truely bites! I'm fostering 2 dogs right now and can't wait to find them a forever home. I wish I could get the little beagle female that's down here at Animal Management for you. She's so small and cute, 2 years old. Her crime is that no one has taken the time to house break her.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Hello6
I wish I could get the little beagle female that's down here at Animal Management for you. She's so small and cute, 2 years old. Her crime is that no one has taken the time to house break her.

:frown: did you say beagle *sniff-sniff* you have a picture? ... i love my ghey beagles! :biggrin:

good luck FD ... i'm sure you'll work it out for junior, and you'll find the perfect pup for him. :wink:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
No photos, had them on disc and Sarah, the "non destructive puppy" I'd bragged about in her description, chewed it up into bitty pieces. Just picture this: 2 year old dog the size of a puppy and that's "Jamie" the beagle.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Curious...did you actually fill out the adoption papers and get approved only to find out the dog wasn't available? They are a good organization but I guess things can happen. I fostered a GSD (when I worked with the Mont. Co. Humane Society) and couldn't give him up, but I had an application on him and was first on the list...it just took time to convince Otter we needed him. We had him for 11 years. I miss him to this day. :bawl:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cattitude
Curious...did you actually fill out the adoption papers and get approved only to find out the dog wasn't available? They are a good organization but I guess things can happen. I fostered a GSD (when I worked with the Mont. Co. Humane Society) and couldn't give him up, but I had an application on him and was first on the list...it just took time to convince Otter we needed him. We had him for 11 years. I miss him to this day. :bawl:

He contacted the lady that is fostering her. She was suppose to bring her over to his house with all the paperwork last night. She called in the middle of the day saying that she was going to keep the dog herself. :mad:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by pixiegirl
He contacted the lady that is fostering her. She was suppose to bring her over to his house with all the paperwork last night. She called in the middle of the day saying that she was going to keep the dog herself. :mad:

Can't fault her for that, really. I guess I'd be mad too but was she just bringing the dog for a visit or was she going to actually give him the dog that night?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cattitude
Can't fault her for that, really. I guess I'd be mad too but was she just bringing the dog for a visit or was she going to actually give him the dog that night?

From what I understand she was going to let him keep her after checking the place out and having him fill out the paperwork.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by pixiegirl
From what I understand she was going to let him keep her after checking the place out and having him fill out the paperwork.

Bad way to do business. I'd complain to them..not to her but maybe to Kristina Cooley or somebody higher up in the organization.

fddog

Bow wow
just to give an update:
i called the lady yesterday and left a message about the dog,
asking if she had spoken to her family, because she had stated she didn't want a 4th dog, well she never returned my call how rude:burning:
does anyone know who the director or manager is for calvert humane society

Coal'sMom

I'm so sorry to hear about your dissapointment. Did you get another dog? I noticed your post was during October. I found this forum for the first time today. My heart goes out to you and your son.

fddog

Bow wow
Originally posted by Coal'sMom
I'm so sorry to hear about your dissapointment. Did you get another dog? I noticed your post was during October. I found this forum for the first time today. My heart goes out to you and your son.
yes dear i did her pic is my avatar :biggrin: