Crazy Babies

SamSpade

TODDLER SCARRED ALL OVER BODY

A one-year-old boy has been bitten 30 times by a group of more than a dozen other babies at a nursery in Croatia.

Frane Simic was covered in a series of deep bite wounds all over his body, including his face.

He was attacked after the class nanny stepped out of the room to change another baby's nappy.

Dr Sime Vuckov, head of the hospital in Rijeka which treated the boy, said: "Biting between young children is not uncommon.

"But I have never seen anything like this."

Police have launched an inquiry into the biting frenzy but admit they are clueless as to the babies' reasons for attacking.

Dr Vuckov warned that while the wounds were expected to heal, the trauma suffered by Frane may leave permanent mental scars on the boy and his parents.

He said: "Our psychologist has evaluated the boy and we will continue to monitor him and provide any type of assistance so that he can overcome the trauma as soon as possible."

Frane's father said he is considering suing the nanny in charge of the class.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has got to be about the weirdest thing I've seen all year. Maybe these babies know something we don't?

Elle

Happy Camper!
That poor baby, how many other children were there in the room? I mean 30 bites???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you ever see that movie "It's Alive", with the mutant baby that goes on a killing spree? The milkman scene is a cinematic masterpiece.

I'd put them all down if it were up to me.

SamSpade

I just keep thinking, these are *babies*. And the nanny could only have been gone for a few minutes, and most kids don't move really fast. Now I have heard stories from a co-worker when her son was in day care and another kid kept biting him, sometimes, badly. But that was the baby equivalent of a fight.

I'm baffled trying to think what would cause over a dozen other babies to gang up on *one* other baby in such a short time, especially since I'm assuming these babies are not the type to just attack anything that moves. Worse, they all attacked the SAME kid, and badly. What, was he smeared in chocolate or soemthing? I've never heard of cats and dogs doing this, although I suspect it happens.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Croatia? The Balkans? Romania? Vampires!!! Found a nesting community. Just in time for Halloween too.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
That's awfully wierd. I do wonder why they all bit the same kid. Were all of the other kids about a year old too? Was this the youngest kid in class? Another race of kid? He was too young to say anything to tick the others off. Maybe there was a "gang" of three year olds in there led by a bully that made biting this baby look "cool?"

Had to laugh at Mr. King's posting. (Just my sick nature, not necessarily proud of it) Sure you're not related to Stephen King?

:yikes:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by tlatchaw
Had to laugh at Mr. King's posting. (Just my sick nature, not necessarily proud of it) Sure you're not related to Stephen King?

:yikes:
Naw, that's Christy's husband. We aren't even distant relatives, just share the same last name.

J

justhangn

I guess that baby won't be taken nobodies else’s pacifier again.

Ken King

PREMO Member
You never know, maybe the biting babies were all fathered by "Biting" Mike Tyson.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
I actually witnessed something very much like this...

While in nursing school, I worked as a childcare worker at St. Anns Infant & Maternity Home in DC. The children residing there are awaiting foster home placement and/or adoption. The age range is from 3 days to 8 years old. It is basically an intake facility for DC's Department of Human Services. St. Anns also provides “respite care” for foster families with special needs children. When foster parents need a break from the 24/7 care of a special needs child, they can prearrange to have their foster child stay the weekend. Well, one morning I was assigned to one of the toddler rooms of about 6 babies all between the ages of 14-16 months. In addition to the toddlers, I was also assigned a respite care child. This child was a little 4 year old girl, with cerebral palsy, non-verbal and wheelchair bound. I got the respite child up first, washed, dressed, medicated and placed her in her wheelchair. I then got the rest of the babies up and let them play in the room while I washed and dressed them one at a time. Due to the placement of the changing table and washbasin in the room, my back was turned to the children for a period of time. I knew something was wrong because it got very, very quite and I turned around to find all of the toddlers biting the respite child's arms. Unfortunately, the respite child was non-verbal and couldn't alert me to the biting attack. I think it was probably started by one toddler and the rest just followed that child's lead. None of the bites broke the skin of the little girl but they did welt-up.:bawl: Its been about 15 years ago that this happened and to this day, I still feel horrible about it. Of course, after this incident, the rules regarding care of respite children were changed.

J

justhangn

There was a baby in the wife’s daycare that bit one of the other babies. Subsequently, now when another child does something to this little girl (the one bitten), taking one of her toys, she bites the living fecal matter out of them.

nomoney

Originally posted by citysherry
I actually witnessed something very much like this...

While in nursing school, I worked as a childcare worker at St. Anns Infant & Maternity Home in DC. The children residing there are awaiting foster home placement and/or adoption. The age range is from 3 days to 8 years old. It is basically an intake facility for DC's Department of Human Services. St. Anns also provides “respite care” for foster families with special needs children. When foster parents need a break from the 24/7 care of a special needs child, they can prearrange to have their foster child stay the weekend. Well, one morning I was assigned to one of the toddler rooms of about 6 babies all between the ages of 14-16 months. In addition to the toddlers, I was also assigned a respite care child. This child was a little 4 year old girl, with cerebral palsy, non-verbal and wheelchair bound. I got the respite child up first, washed, dressed, medicated and placed her in her wheelchair. I then got the rest of the babies up and let them play in the room while I washed and dressed them one at a time. Due to the placement of the changing table and washbasin in the room, my back was turned to the children for a period of time. I knew something was wrong because it got very, very quite and I turned around to find all of the toddlers biting the respite child's arms. Unfortunately, the respite child was non-verbal and couldn't alert me to the biting attack. I think it was probably started by one toddler and the rest just followed that child's lead. None of the bites broke the skin of the little girl but they did welt-up.:bawl: Its been about 15 years ago that this happened and to this day, I still feel horrible about it. Of course, after this incident, the rules regarding care of respite children were changed.

I wonder if kids are more like pack dogs than we think? They do seem to pick up on weakness in other kids very easily.

Poor little thing:frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Social Darwinism. Children know the score, then they get their natural instincts bred out of them.

:boxing: ? *she asks hopefully*

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Social Darwinism. Children know the score, then they get their natural instincts bred out of them.

:boxing: ? *she asks hopefully*

:killingme Just itching for a fight, aren't you? :dance: