Montereys in San Souci

H

Heretic

Might now be the best place for this buy does anyone know what the heck that white dip they bring out with the chips is? If so how do you make it? Its excellent!

tater

I'm right with ya man. The place it was before SUCKED AZZ. (Baja Coast, I think). This place it's even harder to understand the people that work there, hence better food. It is identical to my favorite place to eat in Va beach, Plaza Azteca. That place would make your sticker peck out. They had the same sauce there too. It's definately hittin on all 8. :yum:

K

Kain99

Ya know I asked them what kind of sauce that was once. They claimed it had no name and was just something they made up. Proprietary info I guess.

My best guess.....

Title: Chipotle Cream Sauce
Categories: None
Yield: 1 servings

12 Dried chipotle chiles -
1 ts Shallot - minced
Stemmed
1/2 ts Garlic - minced
1 Stick unsalted butter (1/2
1 c Dry white wine
Cup)
2 c Whipping cream
1/2 c Onion - diced
1/2 ts Cornstarch dissolved in 2
tsp of water
1 tb Fresh rosemary - minced
1 1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper

Bring large pot of water to boil. Add chiles and boil until
tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking
liquid. Puree chiles with 1/4 cup cooking liquid in blender.
Strain through sieve. Set aside. Melt butter in heavy large
skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon chipotle paste,
onion, rosemary, pepper, shallot and garlic and stir 2 minutes.
Add wine and boil until reduced by half. Add cream and boil
until reduced to thin sauce consistency, stirring occasionally,
about 10 minutes. Taste, adding more chipotle paste if desire.
Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Cover and
refrigerate. Rewarm before using.) Makes 3-3/4 cups.

Vince

Already saved it and printed it. Sounds great. I love Mexican. Especially if shes 5'4" and 36-24-36, around 40 years old or so.:biggrin:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Vince
Already saved it and printed it. Sounds great. I love Mexican. Especially if shes 5'4" and 36-24-36, around 40 years old or so.:biggrin:
kinda partial to trailer trash myself....:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tater
It is identical to my favorite place to eat in Va beach, Plaza Azteca. That place would make your sticker peck out. They had the same sauce there too. It's definately hittin on all 8. :yum:

I love Plaza Azteca! We've gone several times when we were down in Virgina Beach. You're right - it is the same sauce. :yum:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Right before Lynhaven Road, just after Rosemont, I believe. Don't travel down the boulevard (VA Bch blvd) as much as I used to. I think it may be a franchise.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
I went to Cerro Grande, the new mexican place in the Days Inn (Old Belvedere) on Saturday night and it must be affiliated with Monterey. Almost the same menu and same chip dip and good eats. We walked in at about 6:45 and were the only people in there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tipsy mcgee
I went to Cerro Grande, the new mexican place in the Days Inn (Old Belvedere) on Saturday night and it must be affiliated with Monterey. Almost the same menu and same chip dip and good eats. We walked in at about 6:45 and were the only people in there.
Went there once and they sucked. I'll never go back. I'll stick with Monterey's.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I love Monterey's. La Cocina was okay but not great. Every dish tasted the same.