We're gonna buy a house!!!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Our first house :yahoo: I'm SOOOOOOO Excited :dye:

Any suggestions, what builders to stay away from, developments to stay away from? Any tips/hints when looking? Last night we looked at our first house, it was great, my son was hungry for more, he even drew a picture of what our house was going to look like. I love that lil guy!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I just bought my first house. It's a brand new house that was built by a local builder in WV. :yay: Way more house for the $$$ in WV than in MD

tes218

Any suggestions, what builders to stay away from, developments to stay away from? Any tips/hints when looking? Last night we looked at our first house, it was great, my son was hungry for more, he even drew a picture of what our house was going to look like. I love that lil guy!

What area(s) are you considering? Make sure you drive around the neighborhood in the evenings and weekends so you get a real feel of how "active" the street is with cars and kids. Also, good time to see a home and yard is right after a heavy rain.

kvj21075

Meow

:smack: show off!

j/k :huggy: congrats!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
ooooo, That Chinese drywall is no good.... Thank you, I'm going to have to remember to ask that when we check these places out. Thanks! :buddies:

I think Lennar is in some big lawsuit now over it. I remember reading something about the Chinese Drywall being banned for import, not sure if thats happened yet or in the works.

I'm in commercial construction so I don't really hear to much about residential stuff.

M

mickinmd

I just bought my first house. It's a brand new house that was built by a local builder in WV. :yay: Way more house for the $$$ in WV than in MD

But it cost you more for the wedding. Not only do you have to pay for the wedding for your daughter the bride, but you also have to pay for the rehersal dinner for your son the groom! :killingme

morningbell

hmmmmmm
But it cost you more for the wedding. Not only do you have to pay for the wedding for your daughter the bride, but you also have to pay for the rehersal dinner for your son the groom! :killingme

yet another reason I'm hoping it's a boy :wink:

j/k I get what I get and if it's a she, she'll be the most beautiful tomboy!

SoMDGirl42

yet another reason I'm hoping it's a boy :wink:

j/k I get what I get and if it's a she, she'll be the most beautiful tomboy!

ummmmm, I don't think you quite get it. I think he was referring to living in WV hun. Kids getting married are brother and sister. :smoochy:

dn0121

Stay away from houses built out of straw, and twigs, go for bricks.