My dog is nuts...

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
For the last 3 or 4 nights, he has barked for about an hour to an hour and a half after we put him in his room to go to sleep. He used to konk right out, but now he just stands with his face to the crack in the door and barks. He also wakes up at the drop of a pin. He used to sleep through anything. Nothing has changed as far as exercise, food, etc. I don't know what his problem is...Anyone got any ideas?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Ehesef
For the last 3 or 4 nights, he has barked for about an hour to an hour and a half after we put him in his room to go to sleep. He used to konk right out, but now he just stands with his face to the crack in the door and barks. He also wakes up at the drop of a pin. He used to sleep through anything. Nothing has changed as far as exercise, food, etc. I don't know what his problem is...Anyone got any ideas?
maybe there is a monster in the closet?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It sounds like separation anxiety, but I would think there had to be some catalyst recently to start it so suddenly.

There was a loud lightning strike near my dog when he was outside and now he goes bonkers when he hears lightning in the distance. Once he's in the house with us, he's fine.

I'm thinking maybe some trauma happened to your dog without you realizing it and now he gets fearful when you leave him alone at night.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by appyday
Mabie you have spent more time with her or let her on the bed with you or something..she has had the taste of the good life and does not want to be locked in that room
I won't let him on the bed, because I'm skeered I'll roll over and squish him...But maybe I shouldn't let him fall asleep on the couch anymore...Maybe I'll get him a new bed (since he destroyed the last one) and see if that helps.

I hope nothing happened to the little guy while I was gone :frown: He seems fine when I leave him in there if I'm going somewhere, and if I leave him outside on his runner while I clean the house, he's fine there too. Its only at night when we go to sleep.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Sharon
Poor doggie, he wants to be with the rest of the pack.
I'd bring him in there with me and put a little bed in the cubby hole of the headboard for him, but the bf won't hear of it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ehesef
I'd bring him in there with me and put a little bed in the cubby hole of the headboard for him, but the bf won't hear of it.
And you let that stop you? :roflmao:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Yeah, because it is his house. If it was mine, he'd have no choice but to deal with it or move on...:biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I hear if you keep the kitty to yourself, he'll change his mind. :razz:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
He's got patients...I think a previous gf used that has her main bargaining tool, and it ends up biting me in the arse :mad: Go figure.

Last edited:

mydoghasfleas

My kitty has no fleas

Attachments

• stinky.jpg
    stinky.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 132

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by appyday
Ehesef so is there a dog problem or a kitty problem :shrug:
Looks to me like their is no problem, her man has it all under control. There are lots of kitties out there that need luvin' so I don't think it would be good idea not to let the cat come out and play.

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
The dog went right to sleep last night! Thank God! I made his bed a little extra cushy and he went right out. He's just spoiled, at least I know the problem now.

Appy, maybe he was just tired from trying to crawl into my armpit.

BD, he thinks he has it all under control....from time to time I listen to what he tells me to do, just to make him feel important :wink:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I meant to tell you that last night, he went on the paper. No peeing on the floor at all...He frustrates me though because I take him outside for a little while, thinking that he'll go. He doesn't, but 10 minutes later, he's peeing on the floor. But he is getting better. I'll get him snipped soon...