Big Daddy's Kitchen in PF

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
(Yes... I know it's too easy)

Anyway... what's up with this place? I was driving by the other night and I think they had live music. I think there used to be a Big Boy's or Friendly's there...

What kind of food is it? Any good?

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by sleuth14
(Yes... I know it's too easy)

Anyway... what's up with this place? I was driving by the other night and I think they had live music. I think there used to be a Big Boy's or Friendly's there...

What kind of food is it? Any good?

I'm not sure - and I COULD be wrong - but I think they used to have a Big Daddy's Kitchen down in Lexington Park in the northwest corner of the St. Mary's Square. (I think it's a car dealership there now).

They had stuff like Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Mashed Taters, Black Eyed Peas, and pork chops. Home-cooking type of place. It wasn't bad.

There wasn't any music at this one though - which makes me think this is a whole nother thing.

B

baswm

My wife and I ate there for lunch yesterday. The food was good (pulled pork sub). It cost 16 bucks total for the two of us. It is what I call cafeteria style. You grab a try and plate and get in line and the server will give you what you want and then you go pay. I do not know about any music. The place used to be a Friendly's resturant before there slow service did them in and closed down.

tirdun

staring into the abyss
I figued I'd follow up for anyone lingering around:

Big Daddy's switched to a standard "sit and get served" resteraunt. The food was really good and there was plenty of it. It's not going to replace my favorite on the local eats list, but it's high on the list of places to go if we're over near Prince Frederick. The music and TV were decidedly Country Western, which isn't my thing, but it wasn't loud or annoying.

There was also a bar area and keno.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
tirdun said:
I figued I'd follow up for anyone lingering around:

Big Daddy's switched to a standard "sit and get served" resteraunt. The food was really good and there was plenty of it. It's not going to replace my favorite on the local eats list, but it's high on the list of places to go if we're over near Prince Frederick. The music and TV were decidedly Country Western, which isn't my thing, but it wasn't loud or annoying.

There was also a bar area and keno.
Cool! I prefer those type of places anyway. Maybe I'll finally check it out next time I'm up that way.