who will win?

who will win the washington redskins or the miami dolphins?

• Redskins

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't feel sorry for us...

....about one game.

Fell sorry for our hell, our reality:

"Borrowed" from Wash Times yesterday (Thank you!)

Turner does not badmouth Snyder despite the ugly circumstances that surrounded his firing — a dismissal that followed an impetuous overnight session at which defensive coordinator Ray Rhodes refused the job and several senior assistants threatened to quit if vice president Pepper Rogers were named interim coach

...and this...

It really came down to [the fact that] I wouldn't play [quarterback] Jeff George early in the season [per Snyder´s demand], and I felt Brad [Johnson] had the best chance to be the starter. That's the coach's decision."

...and this...

But Turner didn't want to sign George and said later that the issue was the defining moment in his bitter relationship with the owner. Johnson later — and gladly — left the Redskins via free agency and won the Super Bowl last season as the starting quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. George was released by the Redskins the next season after two games.

Pepper Rodgers as interim coach?

Insisting that George play?

SIGNING George in the first place?

And the contrast: (heisted from the Post)

King Cooke

Jim Hanifan, a Rams assistant who won a Super Bowl ring with the Washington Redskins as the team's line coach in 1991, has written a book about his 30 years in the NFL, including an anecdote about the first time he met late Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke.

"Before we got there, Joe Gibbs told me, 'don't be humble. The guy does not like humble people," Hanifan wrote. "Cooke was a short man, maybe about 5-6 or so, but he had his desk elevated and these little chairs for visitors in front of him so it looked as if he were towering over them. We shook hands and sat down and Cooke blurted out, 'Well, what are you going to bring to the table?'

"I was so intimidated, I forgot Joe's advice. 'I hope to . . . .' He interrupted. 'You hope to?' Cooke yelled. 'I don't need any hope. I just lost one of the best coaches I ever had [Joe Bugel]. And what the hell are you going to do?'

"I lost it. He made my Irish dander rise and I didn't care what happened. 'Forget I said that,' I said back to him. 'I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'll do twice the job anybody else can do. That's what I'm going to do. You'll find out about it.' I think Joe Gibbs laughed all the way back to the office."

MESSAGE TO MR. SNYDER: If you're gonna...

...nevermind.

mainman

Set Trippin
Im sick and tired, not even watching.. I do however know the skinnies are up thanks to NFL.com 12-7 in the 2nd...

12? :confused:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by mainman
Im sick and tired, not even watching.. I do however know the skinnies are up thanks to NFL.com 12-7 in the 2nd...

I refreshed and now its 13....:rolleyes:

K

Kain99

You are so, not a die hard fan! :bawl:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kain99
You are so, not a die hard fan! :bawl:
:rolleyes:...

I actually had something more important to do...:wink:

Looks like I didn't miss much.. They still blew it..:biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:rolleyes:...

Looks like I didn't miss much.. They still blew it..:biggrin:
:rolleyes: That's just about what I was thinking after the last series the 'skins played.

They've had some good moments this year, but more often than not, they seem to find ways to lose their games.

The muffed punt reception is just another example.

But geeez, that's no reason to not hear the "anna one, anna two, anna three - Hail to the.............................":biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
One needs to have...

...heart, some source of hope, to sing.

All I hear now are muted strings. 'The band played on as the Titanic slipped beneath the surface...'

I've convinced myself that there is simply no way the Redskins can compete for the Super Bowl this year.

I'm having a real hard time seeing what could happen in the off season to change things.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: One needs to have...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...heart, some source of hope, to sing.

I've convinced myself that there is simply no way the Redskins can compete for the Super Bowl this year.
OMG Larry, did you just arrive at that revelation yesterday/today,
or sometime in the last 10 weeks?

Ithink I saw where the Redskin management team wants to bring Steve Spurrier back for another coaching year, or is that news just 'smoke and mirrors' until they fire him?:confused:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: One needs to have...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
[BI'm having a real hard time seeing what could happen in the off season to change things. [/B]

Hearing Gladys Knight in the background singing "Starting all over again is gonna be rough"

Two other irritating things bout this past sports weekend...Fox hiring Keyshawn :burning: and USA/World settling for a freaking tie in the Presidents Cup :barf:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...Mr. New York Football Giants,

Mathematically, they STILL have a shot, so, nah.

The reason I've come to this conclusion is that in this age of free agency and $50 million contracts with $13 million signing bonuses for 10 years where the guy MIGHT be there for 3, that 'thing' is more necessary than ever.

That 'thing'. Call it nucleus. The core players and coaches.

The Giants have it.

The Ravens.

Bucs.

Rams.

Pack.

Pats.

Boys.

Colts.

The Jets have it.

The Bengals are building it.

Titans.

Eagles.

Some teams don't and money doesn't matter.

Cards.
Saints.
Lions.
Skins.

Talent is no longer the great divider.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Otter...

...note sure how I feel about the Presidents Cup.

Tiger said that there was plenty of concern over a playoff format to begin with; two guys deciding the fate of two teams in suddent death. It's absurd. If it comes down to the final match, fine, 18 holes is what everybody had a chance to play. That makes sense but sudden death for a team event is like penalty kicks in soccer and college footballs version of overtime; rediculous.

While stunning, the pressure putts Tiger and Ernie made in sudden death are simply beyond what the game is about. Coming to 18 green tied with the cup on the line is one thing. Coming to 18 green in the Open is one thing but having to play sudden death for a team is just wrong.

That said, sudden death was the rule and they changed it because, apparently, no one allowed for darkness. So, a tie, share the cup?

The should go to and stay with the Ryder format.