Commercial Gas Leak - California

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Infront of 22233 Chancellors Run Road. 6 inch main was struck -- Washington Gas has been notified.

1146; Three engines and an ambulance already enroute.
1147; Construction Co. believes they struck a 2 inch knuckle coming off of a 6 inch main. Washington Gas was notified, no ETA.
1147; Apparatus staging on Millitary Lane. Units staging at Millitary and a plug is being taken at Buck Hewitt and Chancellors.
1150; Chancellors Run Road being shut down in both directions.
1152; Command unable to get close to the leak, advising that it is a big leak. Construction Company says they hit the 6 inch main. Washington Gas with a 40-45 minute ETA.
1154; Buck Hewitt Road also being shut down to Chancellors.
1156; Washington Gas representitive is on the scene.
1202; Command advising that the nearby school is safe and activities should carry on as normal.
1239; Nothing since the last update. Still awaiting the arrival of Washington Gas
1445; All FD apparatus is clear of the scene

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Infront of 22233 Chancellors Run Road. 6 inch main was struck -- Washington Gas has been notified.

1146; Two engines, a pumper tanker and an ambulance already enroute.

That narrows things down.

1146; Two engines, a pumper tanker and an ambulance already enroute.
1147; Construction Co. believes they struck a 2 inch knuckle coming off of a 6 inch main. Washington Gas was notified, no ETA.
1147; Apparatus staging on Millitary Lane. Units staging at Millitary and a plug is being taken at Buck Hewitt and Chancellors.
Guess they didn't get the memo. "Respect the marks"

G1G4

Guess they didn't get the memo. "Respect the marks"

Yep. It sounds like they overestimated or underestimated a curve. The construction company thinks they hit the knuckle, which I would assume would be at a bend.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
My poor husband just called and asked, 'What's going on with Chancellors Run?' as he was on his way home (we live on Chancellors right by the school) I was able to update him thanks to this thread.
Kinda surprised I must say that it took this long for a major accident like this to happen.
How long should this take to fix? I was about to head out the door myself but now I think I might just stay home....

G1G4

My poor husband just called and asked, 'What's going on with Chancellors Run?' as he was on his way home (we live on Chancellors right by the school) I was able to update him thanks to this thread.
Kinda surprised I must say that it took this long for a major accident like this to happen.
How long should this take to fix? I was about to head out the door myself but now I think I might just stay home....

Washington Gas was 45 minutes out as of 1156, depending on how deep the leak is, etc, would depend on how long it would take. I think once the leak is actually contained, FD will clear the scene and traffic might be able to clear up. I'll try to keep this thread updated.

This is the second time isn't it? Within a few months?

2Bullies73

Road Cluster F*ck....

I live across the street... and my son is in that school right now... I certainly hope they have things cleared up soon, cause school lets out in 1.5 hours...
I'm freaking out... they have nothing to tell you that its closed, the people standing there turning you around just look at you like your the idiot for trying to drive down the road to begin with... I freaking live off of it... I don't have a choice... I hate this freaking mess they have on this road... hate it hate it hate it... :cds:

Traffic is backed up onto 235. People are getting frustrated and pulling some really weird maneuvers trying to backtrack and get around things. Fun to watch.....

2Bullies73

People are driving like lunatics... those who can't go from 235 to CRR, blow around the light, then race to buck hewitt, only to get to the end of that, and turned around... then race down to flip around again... its a freaking mess... where are those big signs they can put up that say road closed gas leak... so people know what's going on... dont' they know the force isn't that strong with everyone here... I would like to know what the hell I should be doing, considering all these trucks are at the end of my road??? Should we be in the house? What is dangerous?? I have no idea??? Blech !!!!! They are still driving their red trucks up and down the closed lanes... and a few bulldozer type things are still going?? Must not be too bad?? WTF???

2Bullies73

That still doesn't say what the people in the houses, and the kids in the school should do in the mean time... are they planning to keep the kids in school for 4 more hours????

OMG... :cds:

Danzig

It was a 2 inch, next to a 6 inch
Police were just called back because drivers and not listening to state highway workers
And yes a few more hours till Wash gas gets here.

Danzig

That still doesn't say what the people in the houses, and the kids in the school should do in the mean time... are they planning to keep the kids in school for 4 more hours????

When school gets out, all traffic will make a right on Chancellors Run

Severa

Common sense ain't common

OMG... :cds:

Right there with you. My 5th grader son is at GK and I'm expecting my 7th grader son from Esperanza home soon. I imagine his bus is going to be late too.
Hell I'm probably just going to walk over and pick up my 5th grader when the bell rings at this rate....

2Bullies73

Right there with you. My 5th grader son is at GK and I'm expecting my 7th grader son from Esperanza home soon. I imagine his bus is going to be late too.
Hell I'm probably just going to walk over and pick up my 5th grader when the bell rings at this rate....

That's what I'm thinking... when I first got home and saw all that in front of the school... I freaked... then came online to see what it was... cause none of the bozos out there could tell anyone anything... no wonder no one is listening to them... they are just standing there with their thumbs up their butts... I already have my one from Esperanza, picked him up early for an orthodontist appt... so he's here with me!!! 1 out of 2 safe at home... :yahoo:

It was a 2 inch, next to a 6 inch
Police were just called back because drivers and not listening to state highway workers
And yes a few more hours till Wash gas gets here.

:lol: I saw the Highway worker on 235/CCR intersection. He was just standing there, not directing, not advising. Didn't look like he had a clue.