Invitation to Speed Dating Party

Kara_SMS

Hi all,

I'd like to invite you to a Speed Dating Party to be held in Bowie on December 15. It's for ages 34-54. If you've never been to a speed dating party, the way they work is you get about 10 men and 10 women together in a restaurant. Each woman sits at a separate table. Each man goes to a table and the two talk for a few minutes--at this party it will be six minutes. At the end of the six minutes, each man then goes to another table. Every man and every woman talk for six minutes. After having gone on each six minute "date", both parties check whether or not they are interested in the person they just spoke to. At the end of the night you give your checklist to the hostess. If you checked a person as someone you'd be interested in talking to again, and they also checked you too, the hostess will send you each other's contact information (phone or email as you prefer), so that you can continue communicating. It's fast-paced, and a lot of fun. And it takes all the stress out of approaching someone new. If you're interested, the company hosting it is Six Minute Singles. You can register for the event, or get more details at http://www.sixminutesingles.com.

ceo_pte

I guess the age requirements knock me out... I thought when I trurned 21 that I had gotten beyond all the age requirements except for collecting Social Security... guess we all learn something new everyday! :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
I took this to the extreme, I had 6 minute marriages. Luckily I work fast and got a son out of the deal. :lmao:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Sharon
Do you think Dean will let you go? :roflmao:

:lol: You dork!

I think if I were single that I'd be intrigued enough to actually attend! Call me a :loser: if you wish, but I think it's a neat idea! :biggrin:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by PFgal
:lol: You dork!

I think if I were single that I'd be intrigued enough to actually attend! Call me a :loser: if you wish, but I think it's a neat idea! :biggrin:

BUT why call it anything.........walk up and say "hi", it works all the time. :shrug:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by justhangn
BUT why call it anything.........walk up and say "hi", it works all the time. :shrug:

Dunno, didn't work too well for me. Why do you think I ended up finding a husband on the internet? :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by justhangn
walk up and say "hi", it works all the time.
No no NO! If there's no social director around, everyone will sit like lumps in the corner. If they had anything going for them, they'd already know how to get a date, right?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by PFgal
Dunno, didn't work too well for me. Why do you think I ended up finding a husband on the internet? :lmao:

GD if I can figure that out..........I guess you didn't say hi to me. :biggrin: