Invitation to a Speed Dating Party

Kara_SMS

Hi all,

I'd like to invite you to a Speed Dating Party to be held in Bowie on December 15. It's for ages 34-54. If you've never been to a speed dating party, the way they work is you get about 10 men and 10 women together in a restaurant. Each woman sits at a separate table. Each man goes to a table and the two talk for a few minutes--at this party it will be six minutes. At the end of the six minutes, each man then goes to another table. Every man and every woman talk for six minutes. After having gone on each six minute "date", both parties check whether or not they are interested in the person they just spoke to. At the end of the night you give your checklist to the hostess. If you checked a person as someone you'd be interested in talking to again, and they also checked you too, the hostess will send you each other's contact information (phone or email as you prefer), so that you can continue communicating. It's fast-paced, and a lot of fun. And it takes all the stress out of approaching someone new. If you're interested, the company hosting it is Six Minute Singles. You can register for the event, or get more details at http://www.sixminutesingles.com.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'd be leery of some perv getting all the women's info and hounding/stalking them. :confused:

Interesting concept though. :ohwell:

Kara_SMS

That's the thing though--no one gets anyone's info at the event. They only get your info if you checked them as someone you're interested in and they checked you too. And even then they only get the info you want to give them (like an email address) so you can communicate without giving them any really identifiable information until you feel comfortable doing so.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Speed dating should be changed to "Spot the loser in 6 minutes or less""

Ponytail

They do this speed dating in Philly. Don't remember teh name of the restaurant but they do it on a fairly regualr basis and is quite popular.

Dunno. SOunds like fun to me. Don't know about doing it around here though. And that's all I'm sayin about that.

I don't qualify for this one anyway. I missed the age requirement by THAT much.
:biggrin: