Sifting through...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...the wreckage.

For next year I see...

QB: Set. Back up may be set as well.

RB: Everybody got hurt at the same time, blocking is a huge concern. Maybe OK?

O line: How does a pro bowl'er, Samuels, suddenly start looking so bad? I think we have a blocking scheme problem here. Teams lose starters all the time and patch something together to get by.
I see a coaching change here. I think this has affected the RB blocking as well. The players just are not as bad as some teams have made them look.

WR's: Set, though I question Rod somewhat.

D line: Travesty. Need everything, tackles, rush ends, Bruce retire...

LB: It is impossible to judge how well linebackers are doing when the line is so horrible. LT and Ray Lewis would both dissapear behind this group.

CB: Champ is leaving if Edwards goes. Champ and Fred both are tough as nails. SS and FS are fine I think. Again, like LB's any DB is in trouble with a poor D line. Un-like the O line, the D line is all about one thing, physical talent. Can you hold your ground and can you get to the ball? It's hard to judge Edwards when the key to the defense, the line, is so bad.

Special teams: They have not been the atrocious problem they have been in the past 5 years or so. Good enough.

The biggee:

Spurrier. Seems obvious he'll be back next year, so:

1. Gotta build a D line in the off season. That alone would make the difference in all these close games and make them play off bound.

2. Face reality in the NFL: Ball control offense wins. Need to simplify the O line schemes to take advantage of the physical talent we have (pound the ball). This opens up the passing game and wears out the D which is what happens to us just about every week plus we have the talent for that, pounding.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Agree with all that, especially the line play. I think Helton will be gone after this season and it wouldn't surprise me to see Snyder dollars lure Bugel/or some proven coach here for the O-line. LaVarr has voiced his opinion that the D needs continuity in coaching, so I believe Edwards isn't going anywhere. Hell, Snyder/Cerratto have tried everything but continuity of coaching year-to-year, hopefully they will give it a shot this year. The talent is there with the exception of the D-line, hopefully they will pick up an impact lineman(tackle) or two in the offseason.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The 'Cleveland...

...Ravens' give me real reason for concern. They LOST a great D coach and the middle of their defensive line and...got, perhaps, even better.

We are not finding the right guys while other teams are and it has nothing to do with money.

THAT is a far larger problem, obviously, than coaching.

Player personel.