Dog Caught Man who Shot his Paw

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Police dog fells gunman who shot its paw

A Colorado police dog was shot in the paw but still managed to chase and catch the gunman. Lakewood police Dutch shepherd Rocky underwent surgery and is expected to recover fully.

Police spokeswoman Stacie Oulson says Rocky probably saved the lives of her attacker and an officer when it grounded the suspect.

She told the Rocky Mountain News: "After the dog was shot, the suspect ran towards one of our agents. He started to point his gun at the agent, who fired a shot which missed. At that moment, Rocky caught up with the suspect, grabbed his leg and knocked him down."

She added: "We don't know what the suspect would have done had he not been knocked down, but he didn't want to give up. It's possible the dog saved his life or that of an agent."

The man is in custody after having a dog bite treated in hospital. Police suspect he was responsible for an earlier armed break-in at a house.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Sharon
Police dog fells gunman who shot its paw

A Colorado police dog was shot in the paw but still managed to chase and catch the gunman. Lakewood police Dutch shepherd Rocky underwent surgery and is expected to recover fully.

Police spokeswoman Stacie Oulson says Rocky probably saved the lives of her attacker and an officer when it grounded the suspect.

She told the Rocky Mountain News: "After the dog was shot, the suspect ran towards one of our agents. He started to point his gun at the agent, who fired a shot which missed. At that moment, Rocky caught up with the suspect, grabbed his leg and knocked him down."

She added: "We don't know what the suspect would have done had he not been knocked down, but he didn't want to give up. It's possible the dog saved his life or that of an agent."

The man is in custody after having a dog bite treated in hospital. Police suspect he was responsible for an earlier armed break-in at a house.

One of my favorite jokes:
"A three legged dog walks into a bar and says "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my pa(w)!"

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Yupper, I was thinking of that joke when I made my title instead of using theirs. :lol: