House Fire - Mechanicsville

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
On Baptist Church Road, putting it out now

2045; Reporting to now be a chimney fire
2050; 21 on the scene, side a, two story, nothing evident. Laying it out from the hard surface
2052; 24 picking up 21's line
2053; Establishing the command
2053; Having 24 bring their manpower to the scene
2055; Having all units with the exception of Truck 1 stage on Baptist Church Rd
2056; Command having Truck 1, Charles 23 bringing their manpower and Thermal Imager to the scene, along with a chimney bucket
2103; Holding all incoming manpower in their pieces
2104; Roof ops asking for someone on the interior to give them insight on if anything is burning
2107; Interior walls checked out OK, checking the attic
2108; Holding Co 2 units, Charles 23 and Truck 1

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
On Baptist Church Road, putting it out now

2045; Reporting to now be a chimney fire
2050; 21 on the scene, side a, two story, nothing evident. Laying it out from the hard surface
2052; 24 picking up 21's line
2053; Establishing the command
2053; Having 24 bring their manpower to the scene
2055; Having all units with the exception of Truck 1 stage on Baptist Church Rd
2056; Command having Truck 1, Charles 23 bringing their manpower and Thermal Imager to the scene, along with a chimney bucket
2103; Holding all incoming manpower in their pieces
2104; Roof ops asking for someone on the interior to give them insight on if anything is burning
2107; Interior walls checked out OK, checking the attic
2108; Holding Co 2 units, Charles 23 and Truck 1

I hope they were putting it out and not just going to let it burn. J/K but I had to do it. :killingme

G1G4

I hope they were putting it out and not just going to let it burn. J/K but I had to do it. :killingme

Believe me, they've been fighting it. Using chimney chains, purple-k's and dry chemical to put it out. Believe it's finally out though.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Interesting thing here, when they dispatch a fire, they automatically send the auxillary and cascade. When you're on the scene you never have to ask for anything, it's all there. They believe in sending what they might need instead of waiting for someone on the scene to request it.

G1G4

Interesting thing here, when they dispatch a fire, they automatically send the auxillary and cascade. When you're on the scene you never have to ask for anything, it's all there. They believe in sending what they might need instead of waiting for someone on the scene to request it.

Are your departments paid or volunteer there? I'd also imagine you get much larger incidents there than you do here. The house fires we get are mainly room and contents fires, which dont really require more than two good crews to knock it out.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Are your departments paid or volunteer there? I'd also imagine you get much larger incidents there than you do here. The house fires we get are mainly room and contents fires, which dont really require more than two good crews to knock it out.

Believe it or not, the fires I've heard so far have been mobile homes. Most of the incidents here are medical, lots of elderly folks here. Lots of cardiac arrests and quite a bit of suicides. Have only heard 1 or 2 bad brush fires. The paid are daytime, volunteer are night.

I did hear a police call last night for an alligator in someone's yard, they wouldn't send the alligator guy out until the police verified that it was indeed an alligator. Apparently there are a lot of alligator imposters around. :killingme

G1G4

It's just about the same here anymore. Majority medicals, plus the usual PI's and the fires have gone rare, which is good. The accidents have slowly started to get bad once again, which I'm hoping falls off soon. The mobile home fires don't surprise me too much, but I guess I'm surprised that rehab and a cascade unit gets put on mobile home fires. Those are usually two things -- fully involved or nothing evident. For the most part, you know what your getting into with a trailer fire.

With all that said, I'm trying to figure out what animal can impersonate an alligator. :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It's just about the same here anymore. Majority medicals, plus the usual PI's and the fires have gone rare, which is good. The accidents have slowly started to get bad once again, which I'm hoping falls off soon. The mobile home fires don't surprise me too much, but I guess I'm surprised that rehab and a cascade unit gets put on mobile home fires. Those are usually two things -- fully involved or nothing evident. For the most part, you know what your getting into with a trailer fire.

With all that said, I'm trying to figure out what animal can impersonate an alligator. :lol:

Yea, I was trying to figure that out too, not sure. I thought it was funny that a cop had to make sure it was an alligator, doubt someone would lie about that.

We do get a lot of motorcycle accidents which never turn out good, most here don't wear helmets. We get a lot of pedestrian PIs too and of course most of the old folks can't drive so we get it all.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Wow, this one just came in. Assault with injury, guy got his ear bitten off. Wonder if it was the naked guy from the pool.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did hear a police call last night for an alligator in someone's yard, they wouldn't send the alligator guy out until the police verified that it was indeed an alligator. Apparently there are a lot of alligator imposters around. :killingme

You all have an alligator guy. :lol:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
they wouldn't send the alligator guy out until the police verified that it was indeed an alligator. Apparently there are a lot of alligator imposters around.
:lol: I'd think they simply don't want to bother the gator guy unless they need to, especially figuring the cost per call. A cop is going to be on scene regardless, so it makes sense to confirm that the gator guy is actually needed before he's called.

One would think that if anyone anywhere would know their gators it would be Floridians, but I suppose a large iguana or something similar could be mistaken for a gator.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:lol: I'd think they simply don't want to bother the gator guy unless they need to, especially figuring the cost per call. A cop is going to be on scene regardless, so it makes sense to confirm that the gator guy is actually needed before he's called.

One would think that if anyone anywhere would know their gators it would be Floridians, but I suppose a large iguana or something similar could be mistaken for a gator.

That could be, but I was talking to my BIL and he used to do pools down here and said he was always finding the baby gators in pools and people would freak when they saw these baby gators so this might have been the case the other day and probably didn't need the gator guy.