Home Scanner Recommendations

D-35

I just want to monitor St. Mary's from Wildewood. Physically Disabled.

Any scanner purchase recommendations out there? Thx!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Any Radioshack brand scanner should do what you want. Unsure of how the reception is in Wildewood, but with a repeater close by -- I'd imagine it'd be OK. An analog scanner that can pick up the EDACS radio system, which is what St. Mary's County operates should work out.

Any Radioshack brand scanner should do what you want. Unsure of how the reception is in Wildewood, but with a repeater close by -- I'd imagine it'd be OK. An analog scanner that can pick up the EDACS radio system, which is what St. Mary's County operates should work out.

:confused: He really should go with a Digital scanner...

Here is the Analog list - ~15 channels total broadcasted

Here is the Digital list - ~30 Fire Related Channels, ~20 Sheriff Channels, ~30 County Services Channels, all broadcasted

The Digital scanners allows you to get all the talk-groups with the newer frequencies in SMC whereas the analog scanners will give you the old conventional frequencies which will be phased out over time.

I would say either the Uniden BCD996XT (table-top) or the BCD396XT (handheld - with the 800Mhz antenna) - the programming interface is much better than the Radio Shack Digital Scanners.

The Radio Shack (Pro197-tabletop or Pro 106-handheld) are great scanners as well... I just prefer the interface of the Uniden.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
No, those aren't digital frequencies, those are trunked frequencies. Any analog scanner with trunking capabilities will work.

CobbWeb

Radio Shack

Radio Shack will hook you up they even program it for you, I bought (pro197 i think) a while back it is the desk top model, on sale I think it was approx. $150.

I just want to monitor St. Mary's from Wildewood. Physically Disabled.

Any scanner purchase recommendations out there? Thx!