Chancellors Run Road

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Chancellors Run Road is shutdown at Longfields Blvd. A contract company struck a 6 inch gas line.

1123; Shutting down Chancellors @ Three Notch. Putting the schools 'on alert.'
1123; Advising there's a strong odor by Company 9
1124; Also shutting down Chancellors Run @ Millitary Ln
1124; Going to have Squad 3 go to the school and meter the school
1125; Plug at Longfields & Douglas, secondary at Millitary Ln.
1126; Staging appratus at Greenview Knolls
1127; Advising the break is on Chancellors Run Road, still actively venting. Making Greenview Knolls their primary target
1130; Shutting down Hickory Hills shopping center as well, I guess they forgot about Sheetz? :shrug:
1131; SW winds for the next two hours -- 10-15 MPH
1132; Changing assignments for Squad 3, assisting Engine 72 with metering the area around Company 9
1132; Sayer Ct has no smell, Sayer Dr and Chancellors Run Road has the strongest odor
1133; Washington Gas is being notified, getting info to start a Code Red
1135; Staging county hazmat @ Hickory Hills shopping center
1138; Advising no smell at Greenview Knolls
1139; All construction workers have been evacuated from the scene
1139; Complete walkthru around and in the building, nothing evident. Resuming normal activities for the school.
1140; No abnormal readings at the church on Chancellors Run Rd
1140; Washington Gas 30 minute ETA
1140; County Hazmat team is out at staging
1142; No readings on Sayer Drive, going to have Squad 3 work their way back up Chancellors Run Road to Longfields
1142; Exact location of the break is on the corner of Longfields Blvd and Chancellors Run Road
1144; Washington Gas representitive is on location
1144; SW from the location of the break is going to be Church Circle and Millitary Lane
1144; Main plug at Douglas Ct and Eric Ct is OOS
1146; Looking at the map, looked like Fireboard got it wrong. SW of that location is Greenview Pkwy. Fireboard was going SE.
1149; With no readings further out, some apparatus is being released
1150; County Hazmat team being released
1155; Great Mills Rd side of Chancellors is accessible to Norris Rd. 235 side is completely shut down
1158; Washington Gas advises this is going to be an extended amount of time.
1159; The plug that is OOS is actually Douglas Ct @ Terrace Ct,
1202; Greenview Knolls is accessible from the Great Mills Road side.
1203; Vehicle is trying to pass thru the restricted zone.
1203; 32 advises he looked directly at them and kept going.
1209; Now shutting the road down at Fire Dept Ln and Chancellors Run Rd.
1215; Sounds like they're evacuating the housing development on Longfields.
1216; Apparently there's trouble with the buses. They aren't getting word where the roads are shut down
1221; Now an approximately one hour operation. They have to dig a hole up from the area since it's a one way feeder line.
1224; FD units are going to clear the scene. Washington Gas is expected to be on the scene controlling the leak for atleast an hour
1225; Putting out a subject not breathing on Liberty St, 32 enroute from the scene
1251; Road is now being opened up

Last edited:

G1G4

I'm not seeing a ticket for either Douglas or Terrace Ct. Not to mention that none of the local UtiliQuest locators are foreign. :shrug:

The break was at Longfields Blvd and Chancellors Run Road. A hydrant that was out of service was at Douglas and Terrace

sockgirl77

The break was at Longfields Blvd and Chancellors Run Road. A hydrant that was out of service was at Douglas and Terrace

MISS UTILITY CENTER View Status

Ticket No: 9598386 EMERGENCY NEW TICKET
Update Of: Update By:

Transmit Date: 12/01/2009 Time: 12:25 Op: mdalicia
Original Call Date: 12/01/2009 Time: 12:23 Op: mdalicia
Work to Begin Date: 12/01/2009 Time: 12:30

State: MD County: ST. MARYS Place: GREAT MILLS
Address: Street: LONGFIELDS BLVD

Nearest Intersecting Street: CHANCELLOR RUN RD

Type of Work: EMER REPAIR GAS LEAK OVER MAIN
Extent of Work: LOC ENTIRE INTER 200FT RADIUS
Remarks: EMERGENCY +++ CREW ON SITE

Work Being Done For: WASHINGTON GAS
Explosives: N MNG: Y

Company : WASHINGTON GAS

Caller Provided Map: STMY Map Number: 18 Grid Cells: C6
Map Generated Map: STMY Map Number: 18 Grid Cells: C6

Districts Notified: LT03 SIM01 SMMC01 VSM WGL06

Nothing before this though.

lisa8439

UGH what a cluster eff that was... I was right in the middle of it, trying to leave the doctor's office at 11:45... the police/fire fighters didn't know where to tell anyone to go, I just sat in front of GVK elementary for the longest time. *sigh*

This is the second or third time that they've hit a gas line, right?

sockgirl77

UGH what a cluster eff that was... I was right in the middle of it, trying to leave the doctor's office at 11:45... the police/fire fighters didn't know where to tell anyone to go, I just sat in front of GVK elementary for the longest time. *sigh*

3rd. They should have called in a Miss U ticket.

G1G4

If you were at Greenview Knolls, you should have been able to make a left out of it and continued on your way.

I think it's the third time they've done it since they've started working on the road.

lisa8439

If you were at Greenview Knolls, you should have been able to make a left out of it and continued on your way.

I think it's the third time they've done it since they've started working on the road.

They had the road blocked off further up too, Buck Hewitt rd. I think? The one closest to GM road. There was a police car blocking the road there, along with someone else who was just standing there - I don't know if it was a fireman or not. And they were just standing there... wouldn't let us go straight to GM road for some reason.

Tech

They had the road blocked off further up too, Buck Hewitt rd. I think? The one closest to GM road. There was a police car blocking the road there, along with someone else who was just standing there - I don't know if it was a fireman or not. And they were just standing there... wouldn't let us go straight to GM road for some reason.

The Hickory Hill's Shopping Center Merry-go-round was fun.