Barricade Situation In Calvert

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Just got bits and pieces but I heard them saying they are brining out the Bear Cat and something about the guy is former military and is known to have several weapons.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Just got bits and pieces but I heard them saying they are brining out the Bear Cat and something about the guy is former military and is known to have several weapons.

Any idea where? There's a lot of high school & middle school busses out in the neighborhoods right about now...

cgwife

I have been listening for about 30 minutes and only getting bits and pieces as well. Dispatcher has him on the phone and he is saying he is coming out in 5 minutes and gonna take them out. He says he will be coming out armed with 2 handguns and a shotgun. He is also quoting from some movie where someone takes over 2 businesses and everyone dies!!!!!!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Any idea where? There's a lot of high school & middle school busses out in the neighborhoods right about now...

No I walked in on someone else listening to it and only heard a little bit of it, they did not know a location either.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Old Jones Road in Dunkirk. I just got the reverse 911 call.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
On Dec. 11 at approximately 6 a.m., officers of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on Old Jones Lane in Dunkirk for a suicidal person with a gun.

It was learned through the Calvert Control Center from the caller, who is also the spouse, that the suicidal subject pointed the weapon at the caller. The subject also fired this firearm inside of the residence, however, no one was injured.

The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office Special Operation Team was activated and deployed to assist the Patrol Bureau. Negotiations were initiated by the Sheriff’s Office and the subject exited the residence with a firearm on one occasion and went back into the residence.

Through negotiations, the subject, later identified as Kurt Donald Belk, 40, exited the residence and was taken into custody by the Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Team.

Belk will be charged with first and second-degree assault.

The Calvert Investigative Team comprised of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, Maryland State Police and the Calvert County State’s Attorney’s Office is currently investigating this case.

Man Barricades Himself, Wife Inside Dunkirk Home - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

frequentflier

happy to be living
On Dec. 11 at approximately 6 a.m., officers of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on Old Jones Lane in Dunkirk for a suicidal person with a gun.

It was learned through the Calvert Control Center from the caller, who is also the spouse, that the suicidal subject pointed the weapon at the caller. The subject also fired this firearm inside of the residence, however, no one was injured.

The Calvert County Sheriff’s Office Special Operation Team was activated and deployed to assist the Patrol Bureau. Negotiations were initiated by the Sheriff’s Office and the subject exited the residence with a firearm on one occasion and went back into the residence.

Through negotiations, the subject, later identified as Kurt Donald Belk, 40, exited the residence and was taken into custody by the Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Team.

Belk will be charged with first and second-degree assault.

The Calvert Investigative Team comprised of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, Maryland State Police and the Calvert County State’s Attorney’s Office is currently investigating this case.

Man Barricades Himself, Wife Inside Dunkirk Home - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

This time of the year can be difficult for many people...

C

CalvertNewbie

This time of the year can be difficult for many people...

That's for sure. There are a lot of miserable people in the world and unfortunately, the holidays can bring out the worst in some.

I'm glad nobody was hurt/killed by this guy. I hope he gets the help that he clearly needs. I can't imagine being the wife/caller in a situation like this either. How do you remain in a marriage after your husband points a gun at you in a psychotic rage? I feel very sorry for what she must be going through too.

LadyCoyote

Scary stuff. Sometime people are unstable you never know. I was walking the dog recenlty, and it was dark but not late...a man ran toward my direction and tripped on the curb. I asked him, "are you okay?" He had fallen hard, but appeared unhurt, he jumped up and then I noticed a SHOTGUN clutched against his body. He just kept running. Scared the crap-o-la out of me. This was recently.
WTH?
I called the police. I mean, it ain't normal for a man to be running around in the dark with a shotgun. Right? Holy crap.

C

CalvertNewbie

Scary stuff. Sometime people are unstable you never know. I was walking the dog recenlty, and it was dark but not late...a man ran toward my direction and tripped on the curb. I asked him, "are you okay?" He had fallen hard, but appeared unhurt, he jumped up and then I noticed a SHOTGUN clutched against his body. He just kept running. Scared the crap-o-la out of me. This was recently.
WTH?
I called the police. I mean, it ain't normal for a man to be running around in the dark with a shotgun. Right? Holy crap.

Wow, I think I'd be hiring a dog walker if I were you or putting up a fence. That's crazy!