Road conditions - since scanner is full

Since the Calvert scanners are full, can someone please post what the road conditions may be like from St. Mary's into Prince Frederick....so covering the Solomon's bridge and Route 4 to Dares Beach Road. Thanks in advance!

C

CalvertNewbie

Since the Calvert scanners are full, can someone please post what the road conditions may be like from St. Mary's into Prince Frederick....so covering the Solomon's bridge and Route 4 to Dares Beach Road. Thanks in advance!

Hubby is that you? JK, he's about to leave work and head that exact route. Did you find anything out yet? If you've already left, hope you have a safe trip. If you haven't and are still interested in conditions, I'll have info for you soon.

penguin6

Avoid the side roads. Police are actually detouring up 4/2/260 from PF to Chesapeake Beach rather than risk the side roads like 261 (which is half the distance as the detour, but not as plowed).

Avoid the side roads. Police are actually detouring up 4/2/260 from PF to Chesapeake Beach rather than risk the side roads like 261 (which is half the distance as the detour, but not as plowed).

In California road are paasable but stll kind of slick, side roads are usually a one lane deal, don't try the hilly ones.

OldHillcrestGuy

Heck Ive already had my residentail street plowed here in Charlotte Hall about 2 hours ago, but its snowing like crazy here for the past 2 hours so they will have to proably have to come through again. Ive shoveled and used the snowblower, Im dug out right now even the end of the driveway that the plow so nicely piled up with snow.:yahoo:

belvak

Happy Camper
Heck Ive already had my residentail street plowed here in Charlotte Hall about 2 hours ago, but its snowing like crazy here for the past 2 hours so they will have to proably have to come through again. Ive shoveled and used the snowblower, Im dug out right now even the end of the driveway that the plow so nicely piled up with snow.:yahoo:

No plow through here yet, and the snow is coming down. We're on a court and the neighbor next door has their extended bed pickup truck parked in the circle. Hope they plow all the snow up in front of the truck!

C

CalvertNewbie

Hubby got home around 4. The roads weren't too well plowed, probably because this snow just wont let up. It's impossible for the plows to keep up.

The best thing he saw on his way home was some idiot who felt the need to pull his car out of his driveway, onto rte 4, and put it in park so he could get his driveway plowed. Are you kidding me? What a jackass! :smack:

News cast at 4 said that MD police have over 1500 reported accidents on file for this snow storm so far.

C

CalvertNewbie

News cast at 4 said that MD police have over 1500 reported accidents on file for this snow storm so far.

Wow, something tells me all those people did not have to work today and should have stayed the heck home. I was quite content watching the snow from inside with the baby, no desire to drive anywhere. I'm sure that number will be going way up, unfortunately.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Wow, something tells me all those people did not have to work today and should have stayed the heck home.

:shrug: I had to meet some friends at IHOP this morning for breakfast
.... then take the boy to a park for some sled riding.

Coming up a hill on the way home, the car got sideways and some kids walking in the road dived for the sidewalk :lol:

I'm always amazed at how few people actually know how to drive sideways

C

CalvertNewbie

:shrug: I had to meet some friends at IHOP this morning for breakfast
.... then take the boy to a park for some sled riding.

Coming up a hill on the way home, the car got sideways and some kids walking in the road dived for the sidewalk :lol:

I'm always amazed at how few people actually know how to drive sideways

Just picturing that made me lol. I'm sure your son got a kick outta it too! :killingme

puggymom

Wow, something tells me all those people did not have to work today and should have stayed the heck home. I was quite content watching the snow from inside with the baby, no desire to drive anywhere. I'm sure that number will be going way up, unfortunately.

We were watching the news earlier and they were talking about how Tyson's Corner mall closed early and this one group of people drove from somewhere in MD and it took them like 2 hours to get there. They complained they had to turn around and drive home.

C

CalvertNewbie

We were watching the news earlier and they were talking about how Tyson's Corner mall closed early and this one group of people drove from somewhere in MD and it took them like 2 hours to get there. They complained they had to turn around and drive home.

Well that sucks for sure but they should have figured that this weather may close things down. But honestly, I've never heard of the malls closing early before hubby mentioned it a few hours ago. Glad I've been done with my Christmas shopping, all done online this year. :yahoo:

Thanks everyone! The kids from St. Mary's decided not to come back to PF today. They were here last night and it took them 2 hours to get back to Leonardtown. Other kids took a 4 hour trip up here from NC , and it took them almost 8 to get here last night. We were celebrating Christmas today....so all in all it turned out ok....everyone arrived safely. Even had one person even arrive by 4 wheeler :) Apparently Dares Beach Road has been plowed, and some of our neighborhood, but not all of the side roads....and it is still snowing!!

onebdzee

off the shelf
We walked to WaWa earlier and the roads were slushy and slick

We would like to thank the asshole in the white jeep that went by us as we were trying to cross the street in between Best Buy and K-Mart....zman now has several bruises on his legs as well as my girl from you passing us at 30 and throwing all that ice at us....I HOPE YOU HAVE A MERRY ####ING CHRISTMAS

C

CalvertNewbie

We walked to WaWa earlier and the roads were slushy and slick

We would like to thank the asshole in the white jeep that went by us as we were trying to cross the street in between Best Buy and K-Mart....zman now has several bruises on his legs as well as my girl from you passing us at 30 and throwing all that ice at us....I HOPE YOU HAVE A MERRY ####ING CHRISTMAS

Awww, poor kids. People can be such morons sometimes. Hope they're feeling ok today.