Vehicle Into the Building - California

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Reported to be PD only, however, putting the entire assignment on it. It's at 22558 McArthur Blvd. I believe it's the Subway.

1426; Confirmed as Subway.
1429; 91 on the scene, no update.
1430; No EMS needed, cancelling Squad 3.
1431; No entrapment in the building.
1435; FD returning to service

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
:lol: How does one drive their car into Subway. There's plenty of concrete in the way.

Maybe someone accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake. Someone smushed a Shoppers cart return doing that.:lmao:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Rescue crews responded to the scene of an accident involving a car into a building in the San Souci Plaza in California. Investigation revealed a vehicle struck the structure of a Subway building located in the 22500 block of MacArthur Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 6.

According to witnesses on the scene, an elderly woman accidently jumped the curb and ran into the building. There were no reports of any injuries.

A Subway employee cleaning up the interior of the store said the sandwich shop would remain open despite the broken window.

Accidental Drive-Thru - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

frequentflier

happy to be living
Rescue crews responded to the scene of an accident involving a car into a building in the San Souci Plaza in California. Investigation revealed a vehicle struck the structure of a Subway building located in the 22500 block of MacArthur Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 6.

According to witnesses on the scene, an elderly woman accidently jumped the curb and ran into the building. There were no reports of any injuries.

A Subway employee cleaning up the interior of the store said the sandwich shop would remain open despite the broken window.

Accidental Drive-Thru - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

OMG! I hope it wasn't the same old lady that smashed a man against the ATM machine here in the Solomons plaza my store is in. Last summer, she backed into my car in a parking lot. No damage to speak of to my car but the gentleman she hit was messed up bad. She took absolutely no responsibility for it since the officer on the scene called it an *accident*
As advised, I wrote a letter (back in about August I think) to suggest to the powers to be make her go for examination to see if she was competant to drive the road. The Sheriff's dept was also supposed to recommend it. But I still see her driving by about 4X a week with her drooling husband in the passenger seat... :whistle: