The After Life: What Happens?

Z

zuchick

In the Canonical Eastern Orthodox Churchs of God we believe that on the 3rd day after the physical Death the Spirit proceeds on its journey to the to the Creator (The Heavenly Father).

We believe the Spirit leaves the Body and along its journey to the Creator, it must go through the Toll Houses and then to its Particular Judgement before God. It then waits for the General Judgement that will happen upon the Second Coming of Christ. After the General Judgement the Spirit will remain in Heaven as a reward for living an Orthodox Life Style or go to the Darkness away from the Light of the Lord my God.

Toll House: Called the Customs of Heaven they are places along the Journey the Spirit takes to return to the Heavenly Father (The Creator). The Toll Houses cover Sins that were not confessed during this life.. While in the Toll House the Spirit will be tempted by one of the 22 Sins, I think it is 22, they did not openly confess to God by the demons of the evilone. The Spirit is accompanied by Angels as they go through these Toll Houses. If the Spirit can be tempted by the sin they did not confess in this lifetime, there is no forgiveness for that sin and will be judged by the Heavenly Father at their Particular Judgement accordingly.

When I was a Protestant Fundamentalist, I had a major problem with this one due to my ignorance.. I by the Grace of God, I've been enlightened and know better now.

In your Belief, what happens at ones physical death?

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by zuchick
In the Canonical Eastern Orthodox Churchs of God we believe that on the 3rd day after the physical Death the Spirit proceeds on its journey to the to the Creator (The Heavenly Father).

So does this mean, according to your religion, that you can't be cremated? Just wondering is all.

As far as what I know about life after death, I'm not really concerned with the details on how or who goes where and how, as long as I can get to heaven somehow. God's got it all figured out so I dont try to understand what his plans are.

BudoPo

Re: Re: The After Life: What Happens?

Originally posted by dustin
So does this mean, according to your religion, that you can't be cremated? Just wondering is all.

Cremation is not allowed in Judaism, btw, along with embalming and having metal in the coffin.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe that after life, you're dead. Period. That's it - this life is all you get. So you better get busy making it count.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I believe that after life, you're dead. Period. That's it - this life is all you get. So you better get busy making it count.

Well if you're worm-food, then think about this. Imagine a worm eats some or all of your brain tissue. They could conceivably absorb your memories and experiences. At least some of them.

So in part, you could theoretically live out a brief existence as a worm after you take a dirt nap.

I forget what kind of worm it is that learns from the things that it eats... but I know I've heard about it from somewhere.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by dustin

No problem, but yes you are correct, it would be error for me to be Cremated.

As far as what I know about life after death, I'm not really concerned with the details on how or who goes where and how, as long as I can get to heaven somehow. God's got it all figured out so I dont try to understand what his plans are.

Great to realize there is another out there who leaves the details up to God.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Toxick
Well if you're worm-food, then think about this. Imagine a worm eats some or all of your brain tissue. They could conceivably absorb your memories and experiences. At least some of them.
I intend to be cremated. Besides, what do I care? I'll be dead. :shrug:

G

Greg

We believe the Spirit leaves the Body and along its journey to the Creator, it must go through the Toll Houses and then to its Particular Judgement before God. It then waits for the General Judgement that will happen upon the Second Coming of Christ. After the General Judgement the Spirit will remain in Heaven as a reward for living an Orthodox Life Style or go to the Darkness away from the Light of the Lord my God.

Toll House: Called the Customs of Heaven they are places along the Journey the Spirit takes to return to the Heavenly Father (The Creator). The Toll Houses cover Sins that were not confessed during this life.. While in the Toll House the Spirit will be tempted by one of the 22 Sins, I think it is 22, they did not openly confess to God by the demons of the evilone. The Spirit is accompanied by Angels as they go through these Toll Houses. If the Spirit can be tempted by the sin they did not confess in this lifetime, there is no forgiveness for that sin and will be judged by the Heavenly Father at their Particular Judgement accordingly.

When I was a Protestant Fundamentalist, I had a major problem with this one due to my ignorance.. I by the Grace of God, I've been enlightened and know better now.

In your Belief, what happens at ones physical death?

I'm curious as to who came back from death and told you this.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Besides, what do I care? I'll be dead. :shrug:

Well, that's the way I see it. I've always told my family, after I kick off, stick a bone up my ass, and let the dogs drag me away.

:oops:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You're all going to thing I'm crazy but then again you probably already think I'm crazy so what do I care? Anyway, as I've gotten older I've become more and more opinionated when it comes to religion. Though I consider myself a Christian I refuse to follow one religion in particular. I make my own choices and refuse to let a church tell me what I should and shouldn't do and should and shouldn't believe.

I've done a little reading of the bible and took religion classes in high school and have been to several types of churches. My personal conclusion of the after life is as follows....

I believe in Spiritual Evolution. Kinda like man evolved from monkeys. In the begining of our journey we start out with little more then our basic survival/animal instincts and each time we die and come back we hopefully have retained some knowledge from the past live/lives and live a better life the next time. You keep coming back until you've done it right and are able to live a good life. This would explain why we have people ranging from serial killers to Mother Teresas. One extreme to the other with a ton of people in the middle. When you've completed your spiritual evolution you go to heaven.

I've also lived my whole life taking "hell" and "satan" or the "devil" for granted because I was told there was such a thing. I don't know if I believe in these things anymore either. I'm more apt to believe now that satan or the devil is nothing more then temptation and I'm not sure what exactly I think hell is. I guess it's going to take more research on my part. But I don't think it's some big firey pit.

Anyway, my two pennies on the matter.

tater

I'm still banking on the shower nozzle in the female dressing room at Pro Fitness.

(or Britney's bike seat, Like Catt, I'm not picky) :wink:

Hope that helps :cool:

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Greg
I'm curious as to who came back from death and told you this.

The Church and the Church Fathers teach of the Toll Houses and I believe what they teach. I have no idea who the one was who first mentioned the Toll Houses. However St Paul the Apostle did speak of the Third Heaven and various Major and Minor Prophets spoke of visions about what is to come.. I am sure beyond any doubt that there are those Church Fathers who have had visions inspired by the Holy Spirit telling them of what to expect in the Afterlife.

G

Greg

Re: Re: Re: The After Life: What Happens?

The Church and the Church Fathers teach of the Toll Houses and I believe what they teach. I have no idea who the one was who first mentioned the Toll Houses. However St Paul the Apostle did speak of the Third Heaven and various Major and Minor Prophets spoke of visions about what is to come.. I am sure beyond any doubt that there are those Church Fathers who have had VISIONS inspired by the Holy Spirit telling them of what to expect in the Afterlife.

Hallucinations, more like.

Z

zuchick

Re: Re: Re: Re: The After Life: What Happens?

Originally posted by Greg
Hallucinations, more like.

Hallucinations to one is Divine Inspirations to another. Now the only question Greg is who is right?

But some of these Visions (Divine Inspirations) have been debated and contended over for 2,000 years and have stood the test of time. They have became Guiding Truths to millions. I think I would rather be in error and accept these "Hallucinations" then to reject then and take a change they could be right..

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by migtig
Reincarnation.

Yes there is such a thing as Reincarnation.. When the Truly Faithful return to the Lord my God and receive a New Body and do what they do.

IMHO, if I am found worthy to enter into Heaven onece around in this lifetime is all I need.

Toxick

Splat
Yes there is such a thing as Reincarnation..

Well if anyone was wondering:

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

"Rebirth" in Christ is not the same as reincarnation.

ceo_pte

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 8:51
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

ceo_pte

Yes there is such a thing as Reincarnation.. When the Truly Faithful return to the Lord my God and receive a New Body and do what they do.

IMHO, if I am found worthy to enter into Heaven onece around in this lifetime is all I need.

Do you mean the scripture which says "the dead in Christ shall rise."

Is this the type of reincarnation you are speaking of?

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Toxick
Well if anyone was wondering:

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

"Rebirth" in Christ is not the same as reincarnation.

It depends on how one defines reincarnation and Rebirth. Remember, the Bible teachs we are to be many things to many different people which suggests one must speak in different terms as to redefine them to bring all to the Word of God.