Blue Birds

frequentflier

happy to be living
My neighbor has been feeding and providing nesting boxes for the bluebirds for many years; although in the past couple she got too busy and wasn't as active. She used to be able to feed them worms out of her hands!
Last night, I sat on her porch and visited with her. She had meal worms in bowls for them along with clear box containers with holes on both ends (for when it rains). It was awesome to see them up close. The males are so brilliant. As they grow to trust her again, she will probably be able to get them to eat out of the palms of her hands again.
Sometimes, it's the smallest of things that make my day!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
My neighbor has been feeding and providing nesting boxes for the bluebirds for many years; although in the past couple she got too busy and wasn't as active. She used to be able to feed them worms out of her hands!
Last night, I sat on her porch and visited with her. She had meal worms in bowls for them along with clear box containers with holes on both ends (for when it rains). It was awesome to see them up close. The males are so brilliant. As they grow to trust her again, she will probably be able to get them to eat out of the palms of her hands again.

That's cool! I've had the good fortune of having humming birds sit on my fingers and feed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

While on vacation in Gatlinburg last summer, I had a squirrel that would take Cocoa Puffs out of my hand. I could have sat there for hours doing that but I didn't want to make him sick. The next day as we were heading back to our rental house, we saw a bear trying to get into a garbage can. Both my kids said, "now Mom, don't try to feed the bear Cocoa Puffs in your hand." :lol:

B

Bean

That is amazing! I've just started feeding the birds this year. Such simple joy!

frequentflier

happy to be living
While on vacation in Gatlinburg last summer, I had a squirrel that would take Cocoa Puffs out of my hand. I could have sat there for hours doing that but I didn't want to make him sick. The next day as we were heading back to our rental house, we saw a bear trying to get into a garbage can. Both my kids said, "now Mom, don't try to feed the bear Cocoa Puffs in your hand." :lol:

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs :dye: