Redskins 2004

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...because I am a chump.

Dennis Green: Coach

Fills out the staff with his guys. NO SNYDER GUYS. NO CERRATO GUYS. Dennis Greens guys.

Cerrato and Green get thrown in a locked room together, just them, for draft day and chasing free agents. Winner wins.

Correy Dillon (Bengals) becomes a Skin.

Two monsters are hired at D tackle even if it takes draft picks. We don't need no stinking kids. We need veteran monsters. NOT Darrel Gardner. Not Dope Russell (whom they already, amazingly, said won't be re-signed).

The O line heals. The receivers gell and mature around LC and his work ethic. He runs off (with Greens approval) all slackers.

Patrick gets introduced to the three step drop, slants and screens.

A pass catching tight end is hired.

Any RB who misses a single blitz in pre-season gets shot on the spot.

Champ is re-signed.

A promising rookie is picked up mid draft for D line depth and a promising secondary kid to add depth at corner and/or safety.

Everything else will improve DRAMATICALLY if just the DT's are found and Patrick is under orders to get rid of the ball in three seconds.

Review:

Dillion RB
Warren Sapp DT
Keith Traylor DT
or
Ted Washington DT

Bonus: Jevon Kearse at end.

Draft: Find some bodys.

If for some reason money is suddenly a concern, then I'm sure there are some better choices than Sapp.

Kearse...hmmm...

If you wanna buy a Super Bowl...this is it.

mainman

Set Trippin
How about a coach that has the jewels of The Tuna, to tell Snyder to stay in his office and count his money? I would be happy with that as a start...:dance:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by willie
I think we (Redskins fans) are doomed unless Snyder gets his ego fixed.
I think we are in for a long hard road my friend, damn I miss "The Squire" :bawl:

willie

Read Sally Jenkins in the Post today. I don't think Danny Boy will like her opinions. She is harsh.

mainman

Set Trippin
That is a great column I feel as though I could have written it myself...

She nailed it!!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Sally sez..
I'll go even farther and say it's my suspicion that Spurrier was forced out by Snyder. It's a classic management tactic: If you want to fire someone but can't afford to do it publicly, then just insult them and undermine them until their position becomes untenable and they leave. Snyder outwardly proclaimed loyalty to Spurrier, but he undermined him on a consistent basis: He overruled his wishes on personnel, hired outside "consultants" in midseason and made a surreptitious call to Jimmy Johnson. Can you imagine how bad the atmosphere in the building must have been for Spurrier to give up $5 million rather than return for another season? What it suggests is that no amount of money is worth it.

:yay:

My resolutions for the little one..

Get rid of Cerrato

Hire a strong GM

Hire a bully for a coach.

See the team only on game days, talk to players only after winning a superbowl.

Free bags of peanuts for everyone that pays $25.00 to park at the stadium.

TheSquire

Originally posted by mainman
I think we are in for a long hard road my friend, damn I miss "The Squire" :bawl:

Hello my fine man and thank you for thinking of me on this lovely New Years Day. I have the distinct pleasure of knowing that I was the best damn owner the Redskin fans will ever see. I find myself pleasantly amused with the antics of that little twit with each passing season.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by TheSquire
Hello my fine man and thank you for thinking of me on this lovely New Years Day. I have the distinct pleasure of knowing that I was the best damn owner the Redskin fans will ever see. I find myself pleasantly amused with the antics of that little twit with each passing season.
Please come back...:bawl:

I bet if we dug you up, and stuffed you and put you in charge, you would do a much better job...:bawl: