looking for beef & pork!

I bought 1/2 beef cattle a while ago and LOVED the quality of the product. However, since I bought it from a "one-stop-shop," it was a bit pricier than I have since learned it should be. I'm trying to find a farmer from whom I can buy a beef cow and a pig late this summer/early fall, and then have both butchered for my freezer. Somd.net seemed like the logical place to start looking. I'd also like to find a farmer who is willing to let me visit his/her farm before I buy. Any suggestions?

I've already got the chickens and eggs on my own property...this seems like the logical next step...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I bought 1/2 beef cattle a while ago and LOVED the quality of the product. However, since I bought it from a "one-stop-shop," it was a bit pricier than I have since learned it should be. I'm trying to find a farmer from whom I can buy a beef cow and a pig late this summer/early fall, and then have both butchered for my freezer. Somd.net seemed like the logical place to start looking. I'd also like to find a farmer who is willing to let me visit his/her farm before I buy. Any suggestions?

I've already got the chickens and eggs on my own property...this seems like the logical next step...
Google it under maryland freezer beef, there are quite a few. (not sure how far you consider local)

L

Localboy

A young farmer in Leonardtown named Adam raises really good beef. I have bought 2 from him, and know several people who have bought beef from him. His # is 301-672-5670. He will sell you the beef, and line up a butcher for you. He does not raise pigs, but he can get you good ones. He got me two pigs also.