If your child killed someone....

If your child killed someone, would you turn them in?

• Yes, I would call the cops that day. You do the crime, you do the time.

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No, I would never turn my child in, now matter what they did.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I would call the cops only after I knew my child had left the country.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'd fly to Mexico and change my name to Chiquita and work at a banana farm.

• I'll never have any kids. I can't stand the little punks.

• I wanna see Nelson action photos again.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

dustin

UAIOE
would you turn them in to the authorities?

Circumstances:

Your child calls you up and says to you "Mom/Dad I killed someone today. Do not try to get in touch with me or call me back as I will not answer. I'm heading out of the country tomorrow morning." and then hangs up. He/she does not specify who they killed, where or with what. Neither does your child tell you where they are going, by which means, and for how long they will be gone. Only that brief statement.

Do you call the police and turn your child in?

**Keep in mind the authorites might consider not calling them as and attempt in helping your child with evasion/escape.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I'd call the cops, but not for the reason you stated. If my kid killed someone, my first thought would be that it was an accident and he's scared. Why else call me?

I'd want to find him so I could take care of him. He may be mixed up in serious sh!t and in over his head. I'd hire a lawyer if necessary. At the very least keep him from running all his life if maybe he could get off with only a few years in jail.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by cmcdanal
Hey Dustin, you trying to decide if you should call Mom?

I knew someone was gonna say it :lmao:. Just popped in my head.

If my child told me I could never contact them again, I wouldnt try to. But I'm not sure quite what I would do. Guess it would be one of those last minute decision things.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by kwillia
As heart-breaking as it would be... I can't see myself ever lying for my kid. :frown:

:yeahthat: :ohwell: I started teaching my DQ a year ago about "consequences" and she knows the word well. Every action has a consequence (good and bad). I can't say exactly how I'd feel in that circumstance if she did do something like that, but I can't see me just brushing it under the carpet either. To try to cover for her condones the behavior, and I don't condone murder. Self defense is an ENTIRELY different story though. I'd hope she'd talk to me, be honest, and let me help however I could. But over all, I'd hope I raised a kid who wouldn't murder in the first place ... but don't all parents? :ohwell:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No None of the Above entry...

It would depends on who they killed! If I didn't particularly like them... :bubble:

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
None of the Above

I would see what I could accomplish on my own then I would call the cops and explain the situation to them. Tell them exactly what my son/daughter told me. And take it from there...

dustin

UAIOE
But this is the catch people:

You don't know who they killed....

Or what the circumstances where (i.e. self defense)....

Just that they killed someone....

TWLs wife

Originally posted by dustin

I would find out the story first then.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
I would find out the story first then.

But see, you can't find out the story. You can't contact your child.

All that you know is that your child killed someone and he/she is leaving the country the next day.

TWLs wife

But see, you can't find out the story. You can't contact your child.

All that you know is that your child killed someone and he/she is leaving the country the next day.

Then Damn right, I would turn him in right away. & if I found him first I would take him to the cops myself.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww

Exactlly that is why I would explain to the police everything my child said to me...

calamity jane

Yes, I would turn them in.
1st phone call to lawyer, 2nd call to police. If it turned out he killed somebody on purpose, I would want him to suffer the consequences. If it turned out he killed somebody by accident, I would want the benefit of legal advice to make sure it came out that way.

Z

zuchick

would you turn them in to the authorities?

Circumstances:

Your child calls you up and says to you "Mom/Dad I killed someone today. Do not try to get in touch with me or call me back as I will not answer. I'm heading out of the country tomorrow morning." and then hangs up. He/she does not specify who they killed, where or with what. Neither does your child tell you where they are going, by which means, and for how long they will be gone. Only that brief statement.

Do you call the police and turn your child in?

**Keep in mind the authorites might consider not calling them as and attempt in helping your child with evasion/escape.

I would have to turn my child in.. I would do this out of Love. I would also wait with them to insure their safety while the police were arresting him/her. Atleast with me turning him/her in, the chances of them getting killed by over zealous police officers would be slimmer then having then corner him/her up somewhere and shooting it out with my child endign up dead..

I think that most parents would do the same and for the same reasons.